Shoes

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
unknowndude90

Shoes

Post by unknowndude90 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:50 am

What do you guys think of these?

Code: Select all

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/products_KSO.cfm
I am thinking bout getting some.
If at first you don't succeed try and try again. But if after that you still fail you are doing something wrong.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:44 am

Wow those things are crazy. I bet you'd tear tall, chain link fences up in a pair of those. I'd be pretty worried about the upper material getting all torn up though. Also, NO collar keeps debris out of your footwear unless it's so tight it cuts the circulation off, so the lower they are, the more rocks and shit you're going to get. The normal and obvious solution is to just have pant legs bloused over them but that can't be done effectively with those. This might not be a problem though in your area, or you simply might not care.
They look great for completely urban areas with smooth, flat ground and little rough terrain. I don't think I'd want any part of them moving along anything else, though. Just my preference.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:27 am

I've considered buying these but opted for water shoes instead when I got to the shoe store. They are less flexible than I thought (I tried a pair on) but like tabi will make a lot of climbing so much easier.