Advantages of Homemade Lockpicks.

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Valdravulfr

Advantages of Homemade Lockpicks.

Post by Valdravulfr » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:34 am

To start off it is near impossible to trace them to you. This is the most important advantage unless you use the "wrong adress" trick. I personally use hacksaw blade picks, they are made from ideal metal, are cheap and unsuspicious to buy. Another advantage of using hacksaw picks is that if you have one ended picks you can leave the ends of the hacksaw on, having a hole in the metal to attach to the inside lapels of a jacket and theres a ready made saw edge. This way is also a lot quicker and easier to do than ordering online as I made my pick in 5 minutes. You can get about a dozen hacksaw blades for less than a dollar and get at least two out of every one. A Tension wrench is easily made or substituted for a ground down allen key or a small screwdriver, again untracable. Especially for "minors" it could be difficult or impossible to order the pick sets without suspicion. I find that homemade picks are generally of equal quality and with say the hacksaw blade edge, can be multi-purpose. Adding another pick on the handle end can reduce the number of picks needed greatly.
Valdravulfr (Me) -"One who is not at one with himself, is not at one with nature."
Valdravulfr (Me) -"Around lots of eyes, it is easier to go seen but unsuspected, than not seen at all."

Dethkreep

Post by Dethkreep » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:42 am

I'm not too into the lockpicking thing yet. But I'll reccomend the hacksaw method to a few friends who want lock picks. Ill also keep this referenced.
"They do not see what lies ahead, when Sun has faded and Moon is dead."
-Gollum

killdozer

Post by killdozer » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:00 am

I've never used hacksaw blades. Personally I use street sweeper blades but they tend to break easily if they are old and rusty when you find them.
----------------------------------------------------
Life bytes with a variety of sizes of teeth
(previously evil_0ne)
A.K.A porschenazi (tM)
R.I.P. Totse
-----------------------------------------------------

GothicNiNjA

Post by GothicNiNjA » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:20 am

thats the first thing ive made decent quality picks out of is street sweeper bristles, i find them all over my city everywhere, the street sweeper comes probably once a week and i can usually find about thirty walking to the store and back, been randomly picking them up for about 7 years, now i have about 1000 blanks i havent really touched yet, not to mention the hundred or so ive made and used to practice until they broke, the wrenches almost always go first but they are the easiest to make, i prefer to use a dremel tool, its quick and you can get very detailed smooth edged picks in minutes back im going to make something where i can make ten picks of the same shape at once to increase my production rate sometime
Chaos is Beauty

Saaber

Re: Advantages of Homemade Lockpicks.

Post by Saaber » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:19 pm

sorry to bump an old thread but, does anyone have a tutorial or pictures of the hacksaw lockpick?
Thanks.