No gear

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
stealththief

No gear

Post by stealththief » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:05 am

This is something I want to try. After having read Tom Brown Jr's "Way of the Scout" and seeing how much he was capable of doing with nothing but good timing and some water and local debris, I'd want to give it a try. I'm probably going to have to wait for the summer because using natural camouflage on clothes seems like it'll mess them up and being near naked in this season where I am isn't mush of an option. However I love the idea and would like to try it out, I'd have to learn a lot more about wilderness movement and survival before trying it out though. Gimme some thoughts on the matter.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:04 am

I've done several "improv" ops, where i only go out in underarmor/bdus depending upon what my objectives are. It can be pretty interesting to see what you come up with when you have no gear, but if you're opping in a rough area, it does pay off to keep at least some sort of self - defense item on you, for emergencies. As for clothing, i don't see any reason to cut down on what you've got there, but going without gear (read: with only a lightweight knife for SHTF situations) can make for a challenging operation that pushes you to your limits.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

mib

Post by mib » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:57 pm

Hell, I've gone nude.

darktorn

Post by darktorn » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:33 pm

Borknik wrote:Hell, I've gone nude.
Lol I've got the image of a naked man sneaking round a high security building dodging guards and cameras... :lol:
"The human being created civilization not because of willingness but of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning."

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:04 pm

I've done the same.
Quite enjoyable.
Legal Disclaimer: Everything I have written in the above post is most definitely hypothetical or written by a totally bored person

Xanatos

Re: No gear

Post by Xanatos » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:47 pm

Nude eh? I suppose that would be pretty silent, but where do you stick your loot? :shock:
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:37 pm

Improvise, pillowcase works well, you can also use folded clothes or anything you can form into a bag.

Dethkreep

Post by Dethkreep » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:30 am

I rarely take more than just dark clothes.
"They do not see what lies ahead, when Sun has faded and Moon is dead."
-Gollum