Holiday gifts

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
stealththief

Holiday gifts

Post by stealththief » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:21 am

Anyone get anything cool for the holidays? I got the cheap night vision I posted about and some books by Tom Brown Jr that may help with wilderness training.

Dethkreep

Post by Dethkreep » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:02 am

I was thinking about asking for a certain pair of gloves or a full Flecktarn BDU. But I decided against it, as I believe my parents are already suspicious of night ops. Follow up questions would surely follow if I were to ask for either of those things.

Other than that though, I got that "Iron Gym" pull up bar, so I'll be working a lot of upper body in preperation for pulling myself around on ops.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:17 am

Got a few S&W knives; the first one being -

Code: Select all

https://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/images/products/197070000_large.jpg
This little folding knife was something of a godsend for me, seeing as i was in the market for a new everyday-carry knife anyway. the size is pretty much perfect for me, blade length is 3.25 inches, so no worries there. all in all - a great, lightweight knife for throwing in your pocket every morning.

knife number two -

Code: Select all

http://www.camping-gear-outlet.com/images/product/3_71596.jpg
A larger smith and wesson camping/survival knife. came razor sharp out of the box with a 5.75 inch blade. one of my favorite things about the knife is that the handle isn't massive and bulky like you find on most survival knives, and the balance of the thing is excellent. currently resides under my pillow, or on my side whenever i'm out camping.

Pretty sweet deal, considering i got them both as a gift for helping out my girlfriend's grandfather when he locked himself out of his user account on his computer, lol.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."