Headgear

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
stealththief

Headgear

Post by stealththief » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:02 am

What are you guys wearing on your heads lately? Here it's summer so I've been using a bandanna to cover the top of my head and various other stuff to cover the bottom (mostly solid cover and shadows :( ).
I used to have big hair (think large afro), so I stuck with hoods that could be tightened but now my options are much more open. I'm able to wear my balaclava again and my sniper veil will actually distort my silhouette again.

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:35 am

I use a bandana over my lower face a random hat (like trucker cap) and a hood. This reason is because I tag on most ops and don't own a respirator. I do eventually plan to buy a wwII gas mask to wear just for the hell of it.

Dethkreep

Post by Dethkreep » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:04 am

Still wear a ski mask, and headband to keep back my long hair

TheTorch

Post by TheTorch » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:17 am

bandanna or just a hat.
Take nothing, leave nothing.
"Patient tries to climb into activity box, and is generally agitated - responds slowly to the suggestion he might like to draw some more. He has become largely none verbal."
/Torch>

Blackcell

Post by Blackcell » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:44 pm

I usually wear a SAS headwrap
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

mib

Post by mib » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:27 am

Besides a mask, a headlamp is essential.

MysteryGuest

Post by MysteryGuest » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:36 pm

LED Headlamp - thats usually all thats ever on my head. Thats probably as I stick to urban areas.

Shemagh over the top of my head when I've had to hide in bushes/trees/fields.

Covering my face is something I hardly do, because I find the hinderence to breathing quite annoying. When I do its usually to stop me breathing shit in, so I'd wear a respirator.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:20 pm

Headlamps are great. One trick I like to do is take some cloth and sew it around the band so it forms a tube I can move around the lamp. That way I can pull it over the lamp when it's not in use so it's glare doesn't give me away. If you're like me and observe strict glare discipline, which I think everyone ought to really, try that.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:22 am

I usually use a red filter filter L-shaped flash light clipped on to the front of whatever I'm wearing. I follow glare discipline only when using binoculars I'll take the time to make a quick flash light cover later.
The Shmagh I have is black and white so it isn't teh best to camouflage with. I might start using my camo sniper veil/mesh, it's dark enough to use for urban stuff but works well in rural because of the camo pattern.
I usually cover the top of my head more than the bottom, I'm experimenting with pieces of cloth trying to cover my entire head but no luck yet, gonna look for bigger cloth.

Valdravulfr

Post by Valdravulfr » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:14 am

Shemagh.
Valdravulfr (Me) -"One who is not at one with himself, is not at one with nature."
Valdravulfr (Me) -"Around lots of eyes, it is easier to go seen but unsuspected, than not seen at all."