Operative Vehicle

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
NoLongerLocked25

Operative Vehicle

Post by NoLongerLocked25 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:00 pm

The idea of a "work van" that could be brought along on highly illegal operations(hypothetical thefts, hypothetical grand thefts and hypothetical break ins) came to me not long ago when I was reading some articles about some thieves getting arrested by the police in the UK because they let their heat vision get sexy to the FLIR drone above. I knew if the future of police wouldn't always be patrol cars and helicopters, I would require an alternative technique. This technique involved the use of a van.

This van doesn't have to be a van. It could be a car, truck, or SUV but a standard work van appealed to me in the fact that the windows are lesser in the back and there is a lot more room to move around. Now if you dont know, glass is the best known material to hide from thermal. Its completely transparent until you put your fingers or face on the glass( the heat can show for as long as 5 minutes)

The rear of this van could not only be used to haul away hypothetical valuables shifted from the "secure" positions of establishments but it could also be a surveillance warehouse that is invisible to thermal detection.
Read some of the advantages police have over pests like ourselves and think of its threat on stealth and tactical approach.

https://www.police1.com/police-products ... JA9onHojm/

Here is a line from a website concerning the effect rain and fog have on thermal imaging range

"Rain can significantly reduce target contrast (due to increased atmospheric scattering and general obscuration) and LWIR and MWIR perform similarly in the presence of rain. IR system performance degradation due to rain is very range sensitive, experiencing a dramatic drop off in the 100-500 meter range."

The rear of this van can be outfitted with the equipment of your choosing but I would have these things.

Monitor: Use to monitor cell cameras(mix of night and thermal) that have been placed before an entry is made( Retrieve all cameras using a hand drawn map after the operation to dissalow serial tracing) Cameras allow for safe monitoring of scene, waiting for police to verify a false alarm.

Scanner: Tune into police transmissions to know when they come so you can get some distance and conceal your heat signature. (Though you should have this on your person during entry)

Aluminum storage compartment: Conductive materials, if thick enough can block GPS, cell, wifi, Bluetooth signals from transmitting. Use it to store loot suspected of containing a tracking device(cash box, safe, etc) PRO TIP: bring foiling material to mask tracking signal before suspected loot is drawn away. Im not 100% positive and I bet my rear that some quick research will verify but maps are made regardless if a signal is emitted. From start to end. You dont want them doing an early search while your packing up. Foil and RFID masking techniques may be capable of bypassing wireless alarms(needs field testing)

EXAMPLE OF OPERATION
-----------------------------------------
Target: Phil's Pawn And Jewelry

Task: Relieve the safe

Time:2:10 A.M

Alarm Slipups: 2 max (term I created for how many times you can deliberately or accidentally set off the alarm system due to mistake or poor surveillance) Too many and someone gets fishy.

10 hours before the operation your van is parked half a mile away. It should be close enough for quicker hiding but not right next door to get a visual strip and reveal your motives. Get your own thermal imager to make sure its cool.

The heat signature after the engine is shut down will remain for several hours(this is why you park hours before the operation) If its slightly warm, the drones can get smart on you and reveal your position. You, for varying reasons wouldn't ask for that in a million years. But small mistakes have huge consequences.

The locked front door presents zero problem as you have previously surveilled the keypad combination 2 days previously. There are Internet Protocol cameras with PIR motion detection that pick up on your activity. There are no blind spots miraculously gifted to you so you do it the fast way. The safe is only 200 pounds and can be moved fast with the right Dolly. Phil(store manager) is asleep and happens to be the only one with motion alerts on his phone. Phil's phone is on silent so he doesn't get a cellular alert that wakes him.

You are aware of the ultrasonic detector, the magnetic reed switch and photoelectric IR beam that greet you in trio once you open the door. Due to the excellent audio sensitivity of the ultrasonic detector, it will remain incredibly difficult to avoid setting it off going through the front door. You decide to cut directly into the safe and relieve its contents as you are miles from a police agency. You estimate you will only have 10 minutes before a response arrives on scene but from prior practice, you determine an entry in 7.

If you can get the safe open, bag its contents and get to the van before the ten minute mark, it will be successful. This operation did not require camera surveillance as you only set off the alarm once and get out before anything(FLIR) arrives. So you will not have to pack up any cameras afterward. One idea occurs to me presently and that is this. If you work with others, have them be your lookout. They will conceal themselves in a previously positioned glass box that has holes cut for heat escape and foliage masking the "black hole" effect. If dogs are scent to search for them, they are covered in mud and are at a long distance with long range optics and a 2 way radio. They haven't done much accept for perhaps criminal trespass, and accessory to burglary which are still serious(their reward is there so a rat is a piece of garbage lookout)

Now not every operation will be 10 minutes away from the police. This is an incredible advantage that isn't uncommon. If it were closer, you may have to take extreme measures or minimize your take. (2 display cases cleaned out in under 2 minutes and you're out of there with 15k worth of goods.)

At this point, this seems like a bad idea so if I should move it, I have no problems doing so.

Upon entry of the van, the police arrive on scene and you begin moving to your stash zone. The stash zone should be relatively local due to the high potential for an immediate roadblock or suspicious officer pulling you over. If your a possible suspect, your clean. No clothes, gear, and no property to get you into any trouble. Just lay low a bit. You bet their bums they are sending over the bodycam video of your sophisticated setup to higher authority. If your vehicle is searched in the predescribed manner, you would likely want to work on cleaning out your home base. Surveillance could be set up on you and they may sooner or later get a search warrant. Play things smart.

Selling the hypothetical loot will be its own task so here are some options:

*Break down the pieces. Get stones and metals refined. Look at stones for serial numbers and melt down any precious metals for safe sale. If it's turned into ingots, it could be stolen or legitimately obtained. It's untraceable and so it can fetch the highest price as it is not Wanted anymore. Cash, check, or online currency are all methods of payment at many pawn or jewelry stores. Even Ebay could be your Front.

*Use a fence and get snitched on later by an informant

*Sell as is and get arrested for possession of stolen property(2-5 years in prison depending on your state or country)

It's just an idea in my brain but someday it could be a safer way of operating.

Xanatos

Re: Operative Vehicle

Post by Xanatos » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:07 am

The harder part will be masking all the equipment so it doesn't stand out as a mobile FOB. Not to mention if people notice the same vehicle parked near all these recent burglaries, it tends to narrow down the list of suspects.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.