Energy

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Nonsequitor

Energy

Post by Nonsequitor » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:45 pm

Anybody's thoughts on taking pre workout energy supplements before an op?
What is the music of life? Silence, dear brother.

Ghosts

Re: Energy

Post by Ghosts » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:20 pm

Redbull.

V-S

Post by V-S » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:13 am

When I was younger I'd usually take no-doze pills if we had a particular op prepared.

I think coffee and energy drinks would have some a beneficial effect. Just don't over do it or you may be jittery.

What I now prefer to do before an op is meditate. Simply sitting for 10 minutes clearing your mind so that you become purely focused on the op.

I find trying to op after being up for more then 13 hours is difficult. My mind would no focus and I'd see and hear things poorly. I recommend getting some sleep before an op if your usually scheduled is to wake up in the mornings. Even a 30 minute nap might help.

Nootropics have become common now. Never dealt with them though, so I've got no knowledge to give on them.
The Sun is down, time to go to work.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:05 pm

Yeah, I tend to prefer meditation over caffeine/energy supplements before an op. Cool heads always come out on top, and on an op you need to be cool as a cucumber.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Post by Sicarius » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:44 am

Xanatos wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:05 pm
Yeah, I tend to prefer meditation over caffeine/energy supplements before an op. Cool heads always come out on top, and on an op you need to be cool as a cucumber.
Xanatos is right here IMO, learning to use your own mind over supplements can provide greater benefits. My experience is limited, so take my advice with discretion. rom my own experience, whenever I operate, I did a 5 Hour Energy before and after, so I could easily pull an all-nighter. It makes you feel a bit like a crackhead when you chug a full bottle, and while it is more difficult to notice while operating, the effect was still there for me. One time I skipped the energy drink because I had none, and I felt significantly more calm, and relaxed in my heart rate. I would still like to experiment with and without a bit more, but that is my input on the subject.
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

spartan_ninja45

Post by spartan_ninja45 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:16 pm

Meditation, stretches, and maybe a bit of tea if you're feeling drowsy.