Homemade Lockpicks?

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Nightstalker 1
Location: An extensive search has been made. We have found nothing.

Homemade Lockpicks?

Post by Nightstalker 1 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:08 am

Does anyone have any tips for homemade lockpicks? Any videos, websites, or tips would be appreciated :D
There are hunters and there are victims. By your cunning, you will decide whether you are a hunter or a victim.

Xanatos

Re: Homemade Lockpicks?

Post by Xanatos » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:05 pm

We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

MustacheOperator3

Post by MustacheOperator3 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:43 pm

Great effort dude. My first set of picks were homemade. I used a thin, rectangular piece of spring steel for the picks and those little metal tabs street sweepers always throw as the tension wrench.

I'd also recommend looking into bump keys and other kinetic attacks on the pin tumbler mechanism (like snap guns). These simple forms of bypass can be much quicker than raking and single pin picking. Best part is, these can also be improvised. :D

And it would be smart to get some training on destructive entry and emergency egress, since you never know when you will need to beat feet in a hurry

Nightstalker 1

Post by Nightstalker 1 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:26 pm

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.
There are hunters and there are victims. By your cunning, you will decide whether you are a hunter or a victim.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:48 am

Filing down allen/hex keys also works, if you got the elbow grease. The steel is stronger than your average bobby pin or pen clip.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Nightstalker 1

Post by Nightstalker 1 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:05 pm

Great tips.
Much appreciated :D