Stealth Weapons

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Nightstalker 1
Location: An extensive search has been made. We have found nothing.

Stealth Weapons

Post by Nightstalker 1 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:57 pm

Has anyone thought of the uses of a straightedge letter opener for a stealth weapon to take out lights or opponents?

Any expert opinion would be appreciated as I'm just starting out.

Thanks!

Also what do you guys think of using hotel key cards and expired gift cards to fashion Shuriken from?
I'm thinking this is a great alternative to actual(and expensive) Shuriken. I'm something of an illusionist and the use of throwing cards during an op sounds very appealing.

Just some thoughts.
There are hunters and there are victims. By your cunning, you will decide whether you are a hunter or a victim.

Xanatos

Re: Stealth Weapons

Post by Xanatos » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:21 pm

Letter openers aren't typically strong enough to use for anything other than opening letters. If you try stabbing anything harder than cardboard they're liable to bend and they can't hold an edge for shit, and most aren't heavy enough to be used as effective throwing weapons.

Same goes for keycards - they're just too light to be able to throw effectively. Scrap sheet metal and old nails are plentiful though, so improvising shuriken is easy. They're meant to be 'disposable' weapons anyway, no point in wasting extra money on something you're not going to get back.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Nightstalker 1

Post by Nightstalker 1 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:19 pm

Well sure but I saw some YouTube videos that had a guy throwing these expired gift cards and breaking glass
There are hunters and there are victims. By your cunning, you will decide whether you are a hunter or a victim.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:49 am

Got a link?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Nightstalker 1

Post by Nightstalker 1 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:03 pm

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:51 am

Eh, could work, although would require a LOT of practise.

Nightstalker 1

Post by Nightstalker 1 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:26 pm

of course

MustacheOperator3

Post by MustacheOperator3 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:50 am

Interesting thoughts bro, always is good to be thinking outside the box :D

There are small firearms disguised as various objects that can work for this purpose, but they are loud and not very accurate. There is also no shame in the classic staple. 22 LR anything with suppressor. And not a cheap suppressor, a real one. Get you a "solvent trap" along with the appropriate adapter (1/2-16" to whatever for AR-15/22)

That 15/22 is perfect. Just be aware the suppressor might fk up your weapon's cycling. So be ready to treat it like a bolt action. Pull that charging handle each time and no LRBHO! And don't go too big on the suppressor, since pressurization plays a role in the moderate noise reduction the suppressor gives you. I mean it won't be a whisper like they show in games, but does quiet it a good bit w/ the 22 LR. As long as you are using subsonic rounds that aren't breaking the sound barrier your good

Hidden knives also have a place. Surprisingly knives tend to be more lethal than a firearm at CQB ranges, when confronting an untrained adversary. It goes both ways however. If you are also untrained, you are most likely to cut yourself considerably even though you are also likely dealing major damage. Go for weak points, carotid, jugular, aorta. A knife to the kidney will put an adversary in an instantaneous state of shock leaving them with just a few minutes to live. Stab, not slice. That hole spiel.

Find some good loompanics/paladin press books on the subject. These are overlooked and so friggen valuable

Incapacitating agents, irritants and electrical stun devices should probably be avoided unless again you take the time to train on them. Aerosol Fentanyl can render a person unconscious in seconds. But unless you plan to kill them, you had better be carrying a shit ton of Naloxone or Naltrexone witcha. Also, it can kill or incapacitate you RFQ if you aren't using the proper kit. Irritants work when delivered from a grenade or heavy stream dispenser, where you're either wearing MOPP kit or GTFO of there...also really Fing quick :P And electrical...don't bother. Taser's shoot identifying markers and stun guns are scary to look at/listen to at best. That crap will you get you killed or captured

But lots of decent choices for clandestine weapons. I prefer the non-metallic ceramic or polymer based when I absolutely can't carry a firearm and regular knife. Otherwise, if I am legal I am carrying my legal every day piece and if I'm opping I am carrying un-serialized guns that are probably (definitely) illegal as s-h-you get it. These are purpose designed tools and they do their intended job very well!

Nightstalker 1

Post by Nightstalker 1 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:49 am

Yeah I like the idea of the guns my one concern with them is leaving evidence if I'm ever in the position of needing to use them.

MustacheOperator3

Post by MustacheOperator3 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:52 am

Nightstalker 1 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:49 am
Yeah I like the idea of the guns my one concern with them is leaving evidence if I'm ever in the position of needing to use them.
Agreed bro. No matter what, it has to be destroyed. If it is worth taking someone out, it is worth the cost of a new gun. After you ruin the ballistics with a file, barrel, ejector/extractor assembly, firing pin/striker then cut or break it into pieces. If possible, melt using TH-3 thermate (easy to make/obtain) :D

Best are stolen guns. Provided you keep them forensically sterile, you have an untraceable tool with someone else's prints and touch DNA all over it. The trick here is that you want to mislead the police without necessarily implicating someone else in the crime. Sure maybe that person is your actual target and you're committing some crime is just incidental to that. But usually, the goal is to plant exculpatory evidence not point the finger at someone who may have a solid alibi and totally thwart your plans. That way, if you're ever suspected (and you'd have to screw up bad for this to happen at all), the fact those partial prints and strands of hair found at the scene don't match yours can be the difference between success and failure. And success/failure in our world often means life or death, freedom or imprisonment

Knives can be deadly in even untrained hands, but to someone with some kind of knife fighting training this is even more so. Provided you don't cut yourself and leave any blood behind!

Defensively, I always carry a host of less lethal tools to take care of incidental threats. I can't imagine why you'd want to, but assuming your mission was the elimination of a target there are probably better and safer ways to eliminate them without having to touch, stab or shoot them. Get creative... Dose them with a hallucinogen, hand them a weapon and turn them loose in public. Load their tube of toothpaste with Fentanyl or their cigs with hydrogen cyanide. Put a TH-3 charge under their gas tank and remotely initiate it.. so many creative options for an enterprising eliminator.

Nightstalker 1

Post by Nightstalker 1 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:40 pm

Thanks man!