Hobo Mittens : Not just a fashion statement.

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Eden

Hobo Mittens : Not just a fashion statement.

Post by Eden » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:20 am

Sorry about the subject, guys, couldn't help myself.

Anyways, down to business. I am sure you all know the benefits of fingerless gloves, dexterity and all of that, as well as the problems, like the fact that your fingers to tend to get rather cold. Well, what if there were a way to circumvent that little problem?

Code: Select all

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?AFC-nextag&storeId=226&productId=39326009&memberId=12500226&engine=nextag&keyword=48547
(sorry, if i did this wrong will someone fix it?)

I mentioned the idea of the practicality of these on ops, as well as in day to day life, and he thought i should share it with yall. They are, in my opinion, overall good for ops. You can keep your hands warm when you are running around, and when you need to use your fingers, just slip off the mitten part. These could be paired with some under armour gloves, if one were so inclined, to protect from finger prints.

So am I way off on the needs of the common Opper, or do i have something? Any feedback, discussion, anything is welcome.
I'll tell you a secret...The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.

Engelfaust

Post by Engelfaust » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:53 am

That sounds like a good idea. I usually wear a thin pair of leather gloves inside of a heavier leather shell, but with that comes the need to take the gloves completely off when dexterity is needed, rather than merely flipping back the fingertips.
I guess it all comes down to preference, it doesn't hurt to be redundant on night ops knowledge.

BulletProof_A_Z

Post by BulletProof_A_Z » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:01 am

I know Psychlonic had a thread on them back before the forum got killed.

I personally prefer Kevlar gloves and if I need to pick a lock i take off the kevlar ones and throw on some nitrile ones.

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:30 pm

I have a pair of Kevlar gloves I spray painted black that I use during an op but I have to take them off to do certain things like picking locks and dismembering a body. lol

Eden

Post by Eden » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:05 am

Isn't that just when you always need your fingers, too? Those dang inconvenient intact bodies...
I'll tell you a secret...The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.