The Bare essentials For N.O

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
enfaded Serenicity

The Bare essentials For N.O

Post by enfaded Serenicity » Mon May 26, 2008 4:55 am

Okay , Lets discuss the bare essentials and the must haves for N.O and why we must have them. This may help some newer members and just be a general refresher for all. Feel free to discuss your own personal load that you like to take on your ops.
The above Text is completely fictional, designed for entertainment reasons only.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon May 26, 2008 6:38 am

My priority tends to go like this:

First Priority - Mask, Gloves, Clothes, a Brain
You probably won't need gloves if you're not taking anything, and you might not even need a mask, but it's incredibly arrogant and stupid to not wear a mask I think.
You don't NEED clothing, but being naked at night is conspicuous, and leaves you more likely to spill blood all over the place. I seem to be an expert at finding all the thorns and stickers in my area, so I'll be wearing clothes.
Finally, you can load your brain up with all sorts of knowledge. You won't be picking locks with your mind, but you can learn to improvise anything you might need.

Second Priority - Flashlight and Multitool
If you want to do any serious exploration, you need a flashlight. It's not a question. You won't be able to see indoors sometimes, in tunnels, caves, dense forestry, etc. Even if there is ambient light, you still might need more to make out details of certain objects.
Multitools let you do all sorts of basic tasks, including cutting soft material, wires, file down objects, make tools, pry, use as a wedge, punch holes, fight... you cannot master a multitool.

Third Priority - Picks, Card, Wire, Bump Keys
Small, light B&E tools that allow me to access places quietly and without a trace.

Everything else is low priority, I'd consider them specialty tools. Even bump keys might fall under this category.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Mon May 26, 2008 12:59 pm

Skill/mind/knowledge- Without knowing anything your chances of getting caught increase dramatically.

Clothing (dark/inconspicuous)- In the urban areas the I'm used to operating in it's impossible to wear full stealth stuff. These clothes let you carry stuff (pockets), and walk into crowded places to vanish. Also the fact that the colors keep you invisible helps a lot if you use it right. Hoods are good as are reversible clothing. :twisted: Bandannas work too.

Other tools- In an urban area chances of finding a pitch black area are low. I feel that I can do many operations without tools. But thy are useful when you want to do something specific. Knife, flashlight and entry tools are at the top of the list in terms of useful gear.