ATACS LE-X

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

ATACS LE-X

Post by Sicarius » Tue May 12, 2020 7:02 pm

I have a question regarding camouflage. I have been researching the best camo for night time that is a solid color, and this is grey. It turns out even better when you add depth to it, which is why I think one of the best camos for night time in an urban environment is ATACS LE-X. The moderator Xanatos mentioned it before, but ATACS somehow upgraded the camo by adding an "X", for "Xtreme". If you could please share your thoughts on this camo, as I am looking to committing to a specific camo.
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Xanatos

Re: ATACS LE-X

Post by Xanatos » Wed May 13, 2020 3:10 am

I've had my eye on A-TACs LE for a while and the only real difference I see with the X-variants is the addition of darker stripes not dissimilar to tigerstripe camo. My main reservation with LE/LEX is the colour scheme is just a tad too 'blue' for my environment. There are types of concrete/stone or specific lighting conditions where LE/X would blend in beautifully, but I haven't encountered such areas yet. A-TACs Ghost would work for more types of concrete since it's a bit more monotone. I've been running Kryptek Typhon, Multicam Black and some other dark urban pattern (generic greyscale blotches) and haven't found a reason to switch just yet.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.