Summer time attire

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
spartan_ninja45

Summer time attire

Post by spartan_ninja45 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:03 pm

I've been thinking about this for a while. I live in Texas, so the weather is warming up and fast. Pretty soon it'll be too hot out to wear my usual opping outfit. What would you guys recommend I wear on warm summer nights to keep me cool while still covering my skin?

Xanatos

Re: Summer time attire

Post by Xanatos » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:05 am

I actually got something like this recently; a lightweight hoodie in Kryptek Typhon (or imitation thereof) made from a thin polymer with mesh on the underside of the arms & along the sides of the torso specifically for warm weather ops. It also packs down into a compact package not much bigger than a glasses case, making it very easy to transport (can fit in the cargo pocket of some trousers). There are a number of other cycling/workout longsleeve shirts that have breathable mesh where you need it most:

Other than that, I usually opt for a dark t-shirt with arm covers made from tube socks (just cut the toes off). The extra breathability around the shirt sleeves makes a real difference compared to a longsleeve shirt of the same fabric.

As for headwear, I still swear by my sniper veil. It's made from a super breathable & lightweight mesh that you can even see through if you tie it over your entire face:

Other than that, you could always go the Arnie route by covering your naked body in mud or body paint.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.