5-Hour Energy

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
buc33s

5-Hour Energy

Post by buc33s » Sun May 18, 2008 1:30 am

These things kick ass. I usually take them an hour before an op. Easy to shoplift from walgreens, walmart, or a convenient store because they are so small. They work extremely well since you dont crash after it. Unlike a normal energy drink, they last longer, and you can even bring one on an op because they are so small.

http://www.5hourenergy.com/

chillythingy

Post by chillythingy » Mon May 19, 2008 11:18 am

True that, I love those things. They're so freakin' expensive that the stores are almost asking you to steal them. But yeah, MUCH better than energy drinks in just about every way possible. I concur your recommendation.
When I was young, I was afraid of the dark.

Now that I'm older, it is the light I fear.

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Fri May 23, 2008 6:15 pm

Not sure what these are; but I would shy away from energy drinks. I came close to a panic attack alone in a drain after going without sleep and taking about 1.5liters of a red bull alternative.

I got free energy drink at a concert before my last NightOp and drank it - all was ok. This time I was above ground with a group of people though.

But after that first experiance - I would only use it if I was going to be with other people. A little caution is needed when using different drinks/tablets before hand - I certainly wouldn't op for it after using it for the first time!

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sat May 24, 2008 9:58 pm

The 5 hour energy drinks are actually pretty decent for opping, mostly just caffeine and taurine so nothing too horrible for your body. i've used them on ops before, but i've found that i really only need to take half of one, even if i'm pretty tired.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

hX_

Post by hX_ » Sun May 25, 2008 6:15 pm

Illusion: I know what you mean, thats why I stick to less than half a litre per couple of hours for opping. But even that little can leave you needing to pee every 30 mins.

Caffeine just isn't the best thing to use to stay awake, except in tablet form, I find proplus to be very useful!

An even better alternative to chemicals is irregular/abnormal sleeping patterns; wake up at 6pm! :twisted: