Folding Bolt Cutters

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Psychlonic

Folding Bolt Cutters

Post by Psychlonic » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:12 am

Not that I necessarily advocate brute force, but for those who didn't know this was a thing,

Code: Select all

http://www.amazon.com/Olympia-Tools-39-124-Cutter-24-Inch/dp/B00GACDKAO/
The price is right and these will fit into a rather tiny bag. There are some others out here that are telescoping but we're looking more at a multi-hundred dollar tag on those. With enough strength you can get away with a smaller pair as well, but 24" slices through the toughest "bolts" in short order.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Psychlonic

Re: Folding Bolt Cutters

Post by Psychlonic » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:20 am

To be truthful, I also own a pair of non-folders and I've never even used them on an operation. I've tested them out cutting random locks that were basically scrapped and that's it. It always seems like there's another, less destructive way through the lock if need be. But, I'm glad I at least own a pair.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

CookieThief

Post by CookieThief » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:47 am

I don't use brute force because the urban explorer of me won't let me and it leaves a bigger trail. "Leave no trace" as an UE and more so an opper that is the rule to follow.
The world is dark until your eyes adjust.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:57 am

Makes sense if you're exploring an abandoned building, something that was locked up and forgotten.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.