Psychlonic's Apothecary & Alchemy Table

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Psychlonic

Psychlonic's Apothecary & Alchemy Table

Post by Psychlonic » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:13 am

!!!WARNING!!!
Some of the items in this topic are dangerous to the user. Such items may either have no full documentation of their full effects on the human body, or they may have obvious risk factors involved. Use common sense and decide for yourself if the benefits are worth the risks

This will be an irregularly updated topic containing items easily bought or made at home for various effects related to night ops, to include enhanced mental and physical performance, sense extension, wound management, and even offensive use out in the field. Check in for updates, I will bump the topic whenever a significant edit is made. This may be included in an updated N/O guide if desired.

WEAPONS
Substances that can create a multitude of effects on an attacker, these have been optimized for ease of access, employment, and high effectiveness allowing you to escape.

Metsubushi

Code: Select all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metsubushi
Metsubushi is a powdered item delivered to the face of a potential threat in order to hinder their advancement. In some ways, it can be far more potent than pepper spray although employment must be executed with more precision. You can search all day for recipes and carrying methods, but I personally advocate a maximum strength formula kept in multiple film containers with the flip tops. Best of all, you can (and should!) practice with the canisters by simply filling them with dirt. You can then draw them from your carrying method and practice flipping the top and striking a target almost infinitely so that when it's time to actually use the metsubushi, your chance of effectiveness is high.

As a formula, I would use crushed, dried pepper seeds. Try ordering a scorpion variety, maybe ghost chili at a minimum, and using these. Remember, you'll be relying on these to save your ass! Don't skimp, and be careful preparing the seeds. Wear full protection including for your eyes, breathing, and skin. Once you have your chili powder, I would personally mix with ash, fine sand, and crushed fiberglass slivers. Two parts chili powder, two parts fiberglass, part ash and half part sand by volume, evenly mixed. If this gets in your attackers eyes, you will have ample time to escape and should effectively stop them from even being able to properly aim a firearm at you. It should also seriously irritate their mouth, throat, and lungs. It shouldn't actually kill them or come close to, though. Just give them a really, really shitty week.

STIMULANTS
Items which will give a more immediate increase to your physical operational performance.

D-IX

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-IX
The Nazi Super Soldier drug. It can be recreated fundamentally by having a capsule filled with 3mg methamphetamine, 5mg cocaine, and 5mg oxycodone with a filler of baking soda being ideal. Obviously this is a narcotic stimulant and it should be noted that POWs died testing this drug during WWII, although they were malnurished and forced to march with 20-40kg on, without rest, outdoors, for over 90km. I found it to be an interesting subject, although I see no reason to choose it over the other stimulants. The ingredients are difficult to come by, overpriced, and can cause you a legal headache. The sheer stamina this gives can be replicated by other, healthier means.

Betel Nut/Paan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Areca_nut
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betel
Areca nuts wrapped in betel leaves smeared with slaked lime, more commonly known as "betel nut" or "paan" depending on the preparation, is a fairly strong stimulant and relaxant. You might call this "nicotine 2.0", it gives you a rush of energy yet simultaneously calms your nerves. The easiest way to prepare this is to buy roasted, ground areca nut online along with betel leaves and edible lime. You might also add spices and tobacco to create a more potent and better tasting paan. Improper preparation or chewing can cause burns inside of the mouth from the lime, so learn what you're doing. Also, this item can cause cancer and stain your teeth, so I advise not making it a regular habit. Finally, chewing this will cause you to heavily salivate orange-red saliva which you'll need to spit out frequently, so it's unsuitable for use during an operation - only before.

DAILY SUPPLEMENTS
Taken regularly, these are items that can improve strength, endurance, and longevity.

Turmeric and Black Pepper

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turmeric
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pepper
This is a potent anti-inflammatory combo you can buy online or make easily at home. You MUST have both for maximum effect. You'll see many ratios out there, but based on my own experience I recommend a simple 1:1 ratio for mixing the two items if you make this yourself. This can be taken daily to give you a boosted immune system, faster tissue recovery, and may even help stave off cancerous cells. The black pepper is a must as it contains piperine which is essential to properly utilize the curcumin in the turmeric which is the magic key to feeling amazing. Spam it on everything. Eat it. If you get bruises, turn it into a paste and smear it on. Do it yesterday. You'll feel like a million dollars.

Psychlonic's Internal Salve

This is a special recipe of mine that I make when I need to increase my recovery and healing rate. It works by absolutely annihilating intestinal flora (read further for more info), increasing cellular regeneration, reducing inflammation, and boosting energy through multiple means all the way down to the cellular level. What you need:

- Black Pepper
- Turmeric
- Ginger
- Garlic
- Cocoa Powder (cocoa solids only, no sugar or additives)
- Cinnamon
- Tri-Allantoin Salve (another apothecary recipe)
- One Ceramic Pot
- One Sieve

So what you do here is add two heaping tablespoons of tri-allantoin salve into the ceramic pot. Then you add a teaspoon of turmeric, a teaspoon of ginger, half a teaspoon of black pepper, a teaspoon of garlic, a teaspoon of cocoa, and then another teaspoon of cinnamon. Top off with another two heaping tablespoons of tri-allantoin. Set the pot on your range and set to the lowest temperature possible. The idea is to simply let the pot be warm. DO NOT simmer much less boil. Then, you simply let the pot sit for a couple of days while all of the active chemicals mingle around in the oil.

After this waiting period, strain the oil through the sieve into a small glass container with a wide mouth and refrigerate. What will result is a bright, almost luminescent green/yellow waxy substance. Dosage is one half-teaspoon in the morning and another in the evening.

How does this work? Tri-allantoin contains multiple forms of its namesake which is scientifically proven to speed cellular regeneration and thus healing. This extends to micro-tears in skeletal muscle and thus speeds your repairs. Turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon are all known and also proven anti-inflammatories, plus with garlic eliminate any bad bacteria in your digestive system which could slow down healing. Keep in mind this destroys probiotics too, so if you drink kefir or use probiotics in another form make sure to take the kefir half an hour AFTER this salve. Finally, garlic, turmeric, and cocoa give you energy.

Tri-Allantoin is mildly hepatoxic (bad for your liver) with about the same toxicity as a beer a day, so it's pretty safe but you don't want to live off of the stuff.

FIRST AID
Medicinal items to be taken in the event of traumatic injury. These can provide pain relief, stop bleeding, or hasten the healing process.

Tri-Allantoin Salve

A natural, fast acting and absorbing salve that staunches minor bleeding, removes minor toxins, is anti-bacterial, but most importantly it speeds healing at the cellular level. It can even speed the healing of broken bones! To use, simply smear on a damaged location and follow up with more applications as healing progresses. What you need:

- Houndstongue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynoglossum_officinale
- Comfrey

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comfrey
- Plantain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantago
NOTE: THESE REQUIRE POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION! There are poisonous look-alikes of each of these plants and improper ID can absolutely kill you in a slow, painful manner. If you are not comfortable with this, order your herbs online!
- Coconut Oil
- Cayenne
- Vodka
- Ceramic Pot
- Sieve

So making this is pretty simple once you have everything you need. Macerate equal parts of the three plants and place in the ceramic pot. Next, cover with coconut oil and a splash of vodka. Add a teaspoon of cayenne, stir, then cover the pot and allow to sit in a warm location where the coconut oil will stay in liquid form for at least two weeks. A month is even better. After it's done, strain the liquid through a sieve into a container and allow to resolidify. Optionally, you can add beeswax if it's not solidifying, just add enough melted beeswax to stabilize it.

MISCELLANEOUS
Items that just don't fit cleanly into the other categories.

Tea of Dischordant Dreams
A night time tea that will cause you to quickly fall asleep and experience vivid dreams. What you need:

- Wormwood/Mugwort
- Catmint
- Red Reishi Powder
- Cinnamon
- Orange Essential Oil

You'll need to load a tea ball as full as possible with wormwood. Then, place the ball inside of your favorite tea serving pot and fill with hot water - preferably not quite boiling. Add catmint immediately afterward and allow to steep for a few minutes. After, remove the tea ball and catmint leaves if possible and add a heaping tablespoon of red reishi powder and a leveled teaspoon of cinnamon. Stir well. Finally, add TWO drops of orange essential oil and no more. No less. That's it. Enjoy a couple cups and have a good night. You think I'm playing, but I'm not.

More to come!

10/18/16 Overhaul Started
4/19/16 New Additions, New Information!
4/13/16 New Addition!
3/29/16 New Additions!, Formatting
3/18/16 New Additions!
3/16/16 New Additions!
Last edited by Psychlonic on Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:56 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

wfff024

Re: Psychlonic's Apothecary & Alchemy Table

Post by wfff024 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:31 am

Thanks! I'll try to get my hands on some of this stuff and give a little feedback!
Fear is a reflex. Courage is a choice.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:52 am

Update.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:15 am

Tiny update.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:38 am

More shit!

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:27 am

Ah, metsubishi, one of my favourites.

Instead of film canisters, I typically use M&M or Skittles tubes with pop-top lids like this. Just be sure to cut off the little stalk that connects the lid to the tube, otherwise it'll get in the way of the powder as you try to deliver it. Ingredients for metsubishi vary, but I use a combination of salt, pepper, flour and onion salt or paprika (all finely ground with a mortar & pestle). The salt will dry and sting the eyes, the pepper will affect breathing, the flour tends to linger in the air for a bit creating a miniature smokescreen (and can cake up around the eyes once they start tearing up) and the onion salt just further increases the tearing up effect. The paprika I mainly use in preparation for dogs; since dogs rely heavily on their sense of smell, introducing such a strong smelling substance to their nose will prevent them from tracking you by your scent.

I normally advise against adding powdered glass or metal shavings as these can cause permanent blindness, and since you're only seeking a temporary solution in order to escape it's probably not worth robbing someone of their sight for good.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:28 pm

Xanatos wrote:I normally advise against adding powdered glass or metal shavings as these can cause permanent blindness, and since you're only seeking a temporary solution in order to escape it's probably not worth robbing someone of their sight for good.
Agreed, I had considered adding the ingredients but changed my mind. For those wondering, fiberglass doesn't quite have the same effect. Having been unfortunate enough to get some in my eyes in the past, this rather makes it extremely painful to... well do just about anything with your eye and it will constantly water up with the fibers irritating it. I'd much rather take a shot of bear mace to the eyes, and that's not exaggeration.

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Wed May 18, 2016 8:46 pm

Dear Psych, how do you take your tumeric and black pepper. I take a spoonfull of each in my mouth and wash it down. I've also tried making a solution out of the two.
Not convenient. Any suggestions?
Don't take it too seriously, you're not coming out of it alive.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu May 19, 2016 6:00 am

Just add it to your food.

Or snort it. Like a man.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Fri May 20, 2016 2:46 am

Lynx wrote:Dear Psych, how do you take your tumeric and black pepper. I take a spoonfull of each in my mouth and wash it down. I've also tried making a solution out of the two.
Not convenient. Any suggestions?
As Xanatos said, adding to food is perfectly acceptable. However I don't always cook meals appropriate for the combo, what I do is make a thick extract in warm coconut oil and slice pieces off when it re-solidifies that I just wash down with water, much like a pill. Store in the fridge. In a little more detail, I place the turmeric and black pepper along with ginger, garlic, cocoa, cayenne, and cinnamon into a stove-safe ceramic pot and let it sit at the lowest setting on my range for 3 days or so. Then I simply pour the oil into a container for refrigeration. I used to run it through a sieve until I realized I don't care and that the remaining solids only help out.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:57 pm

So, slowly working on a complete overhaul of this topic. I've learned quite a bit in the time since this topic started and would like to go further into details about why each item works, what to avoid, stacks that work extremely well together, and of course add a bunch of new items. You'll dig it.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:43 am

Lookin' forward to it.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:59 pm

It begins.