Running Buddy Pouch

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
AkioSoao

Running Buddy Pouch

Post by AkioSoao » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:08 pm

A recommended small items storage solution.
Okay first up here is the page http://www.therunningbuddy.com/

I have a few of these and I find them very useful.
They have a few strong magnets in them and will work on anything thin. So you can attach them anywhere on your clothing.
You can put them over a belt or the waist of your trousers, or you can be more creative and attach one to the bottom of your trouser leg.
As I said, strong magnets, and they have a velcro strip for the actual pouch bit. Given the size of the pouch I doubt there is anything you could
put in it that would force the velcro open unless you plan on transporting an iphone 6 sized tungsten block.
I use these when climbing and running; they are stable, and comfortable due to the back being made of thin soft material.
Only downside, they do tend to draw quite a bit of sweat out of the skin they are on, if you have them touching skin that is.

Good for things like a map, small torch, multi tool, cord, lockpicks. Stuff you want to be able to get easy and quickly without having your backpack disembark.
Also I can confirm what they advertise, the magnets have no effect on solid state electronics like phones and bank cards. Just dont put a hard disk in them.

Xanatos

Re: Running Buddy Pouch

Post by Xanatos » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:24 am

Hmm, interesting. Also easy to detach if you need to ditch gear in a hurry, say if you're approached by a cop on your way to/from an op. My only concern would be the pouch falling off when getting snagged by a tree branch or top of a fence or something - being held in place only by magnets and nothing fixed, it seems it could lift off your belt pretty easily.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

AkioSoao

Re: Running Buddy Pouch

Post by AkioSoao » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:17 am

Well there is only a very small gap something could get caught in and I have never had one fall off.
I guess they aren't very secure compared to something like a backpack or a pouch with a loop over your belt, but they are good mobility wise.