Homemade firearms

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
NewbieNinja

Homemade firearms

Post by NewbieNinja » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:30 pm

Just found this site.... Looks like fun!!

http://thehomegunsmith.com/

Any of u guys got experience on this topic?

Xanatos

Re: Homemade firearms

Post by Xanatos » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:24 pm

I know how to make a zip gun, if that counts.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

CookieThief

Post by CookieThief » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:27 am

Personally I stay away from making DIY guns unless you are a gunsmith. Either way be careful for technological and legal reasons.
The world is dark until your eyes adjust.

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:17 pm

I wonder if one could make a shotshell conversion for this.

Edit - guns of this sort, slam operated. Is it possible to design a slam-operated firearm with a magazine? I'll draw up my idea.
Edit 2 - So, I realized that rimfire .22 is not going to work without using a ramrod. You'd need centerfire for a magazine to work in a slam zip.

Edit 3 - Here's what I meant.

1. I dunno where to find square mag springs that small. Buying a stock magazine defeats the purpose of an organic, home-made gun.
2. The whole magazine manufacture is an issue. It can't be made from an altoids tin.
3. How the hell do I keep the notch that holds the cartridge from breaking off? Slamming on the primer with the nail, the recoil - everything wears on that little notch/piece of metal that holds the cartridge in place.

Edit 4 - This guy is great. He's done it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2m7cnBOakI
Don't take it too seriously, you're not coming out of it alive.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:01 pm

Ever heard of slamfire rifles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVhceWZiYPQ

Dude made this one that fires 12 gauge shells for about $20. Seems pretty nifty.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

NINJAHAMMER

Post by NINJAHAMMER » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:43 am

I found the fist pistol interesting. I've researched the wooden pistols found in the movie "In the Line of Fire" starring Clint Eastwood (and also found in a Russel Crowe film "No Way Back" ) and drew up my own designs. Some other options are Bang sticks which are anti-shark bullet firing weapons found in Scuba shops - just cut down the pole, blank firing pistols that are converted to fire real bullets, contractor nail guns that use a cartridge to fire the nail that are converted to fire a real bullet. I've also looked into the kits that are sometimes sold - usually sten guns that require a tube to be fabricated, or Ak-47 parts kits that require you to build the receiver a real pain in the ass if your not a gunsmith. I think one of the easiest to create would be the Mac 11 or Mac 10 weapons. If you can buy the parts (sorry my Aussie and Brit friends), the Mac frames are flat plates that can be welded together or even bolted together - you may even be able to buy frame plates to make it even easier. The Macs are big and bulky but you have 30 round mags and can even make em go rat a tat tat with the right parts. Also, the newest fun is the 3d printer firearms which will only get better (once the legal drama passes).

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:06 am

I've actually seen someone 3D print a machine pistol (I think it was a Mac model of some number). Of course it wasn't very reliable since the material couldn't handle the pressure, but he got a few good bursts out of it. Enough for a drive-by.

I didn't see this in person, I might add. It was in a /k/ thread some time ago.