trashcan disguise

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
nomadx

trashcan disguise

Post by nomadx » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:36 pm

i know probably sounds really stupid but...

Code: Select all

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100072645&N=10000003+90401+501628
could work well for an indoor area that doesn't have motion sensors. you simply cut off the bottom for movement.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:30 pm

Could work, reminds me of the cardboard box from Metal Gear Solid.

hX_

Post by hX_ » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:20 pm

"Huh, what's that doing here..... Humph, it's only a box"

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:26 am

LOL, That is probably where he got it from. I love how when you get the box that says "to nuclear facility" or what ever and get in the back of the truck in MGS you can see snake through the little handle things but the guard doesn't notice. (well he does but I don't want to give away the sweet ending or a few plot twists so I won't go into detail for anyone who may be stuck or just hasn't beaten it yet.)

NINJAHAMMER

Re: trashcan disguise

Post by NINJAHAMMER » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:14 am

I've considered the trash can disguise as an urban hide in the past but there are certain realities that have to be considered. The can needs to be very large to accept an average size adult and there would be difficulty in climbing inside; therefore, one idea would be to cut a large panel out of the side of the can and once inside, position the can so that a passerby only sees the can where the side is uncut. A problem with using a trash can as a hide is that if you are being pursued, the police or pursuer may open the lids of cans to check inside. Thus, the lid should have a chain and padlock through the lid and side so it appears that the owner has used a lock and chain to keep people from throwing their trash in his can or a hasp and padlock perhaps. It's a lot of work and may be much more practical to use a small dumpster instead that has a hidden side entrance (perhaps concealed by a magnetic trash company sign), a locked lid so that police cannot check inside without cutting the lock and either a peephole to monitor outside or a positioned camera that watches the dumpster from outside and transmits the video to you inside the dumpster with a receiver. Another idea is the 55 gal drum disguise. It can be positioned in an alley next to trashcans, have the hidden side cutout concealed by a magnet label so you can enter and the lid is secured down and keep people from opening the top. A few "toxic" stickers and warnings will also dissuade people from unlatching the top or use a barrel that has a bung hole and the top that does not open.
Attachments
Drum with stickers.jpg

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:10 am

Reminds me of this video I saw awhile back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4BdHY-OGe4

Trashbag. Easily affordable, portable, deployable and disposable.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

NINJAHAMMER

Post by NINJAHAMMER » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:53 pm

The buttery ass Houdini Hideout, LOL , . . . dammit, I've been carrying around a 55 gallon drum on missions for all these years and all I needed was a trash bag. I will admit that this is much more practical and you can use it as a rain coat too. The only thing I would change is I would cut open both sides and then tie off the top side so that when you pull it over yourself, it looks like a trash bag that has been tied shut. Also, I would cut a peephole in the side and cover it with mesh so that you can look out of the bag. It may not have the James Bond coolness of a dumpster command center but for an urban op, I love the idea of turning into a trashbag.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:55 pm

Or just wrap yourself in plastic for greater convenience: https://youtu.be/Wjdr5AGfdx4?t=29s
:D
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

HouseEater47

Post by HouseEater47 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:03 am

I bet this could throw off thermal imaging cameras too...

HouseEater47

Post by HouseEater47 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:03 am

Trash inside of trash bags gets quite warm and a black plastic trash bag isnt in complete contact with your body in all areas so it might look warm in some spots but not enough to be human.

V-S

Post by V-S » Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:04 am

Xanatos wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:55 pm
Or just wrap yourself in plastic for greater convenience: https://youtu.be/Wjdr5AGfdx4?t=29s
:D
Never heard of this guy but his Urban Ninja shit is pretty funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEAfYCIpIoY

I notice part 3 takes place in Auckland, New Zealand.
The Sun is down, time to go to work.

HouseEater47

Post by HouseEater47 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:00 pm

Part three is the coolest I think.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:53 pm

Oh god, I remember the Urban Ninja series. Some vintage internets right there.

Ghost_of_Dystopia

Post by Ghost_of_Dystopia » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:42 pm

I saw something similar using recyclable items such as carboard and plastic containers
zhcol5k6h9l91.jpg