Goggle ?

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
inbartizan

Goggle ?

Post by inbartizan » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi NO, I would like to know what is your opinion on "Goggle", pros and cons of wearing goggle during an op

Is it better to use black goggle, transparent goggle, or perhaps no goggle at all ?

Thanks
... it won't be easy ...

Xanatos

Re: Goggle ?

Post by Xanatos » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:02 pm

Unless they have some sort of nightvision capability, don't bother. They just restrict your vision. In most circumstances, nothing beats the naked eye.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:56 pm

Goggles are only useful if you plan to operate in the middle of a sandstorm. They aren't worth it.
NVG's (bi or mono) cost more than we can afford. NVG's that are worth it, that is. Gen 0-1 and pretty useless. Gen 2 and up are highly expensive, and are waaay beyond most of our budgets. If you want to look like a superhero, you could try a black morphsuit and a pair of mockup glow-in-the-dark splinter cell goggles.
Don't take it too seriously, you're not coming out of it alive.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:26 am

Right, because nothing hides you better than eyes that glow in the dark.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Æternaeon

Post by Æternaeon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:36 am

In my opinion NV is cool but better suited for fighting systems than night ops, not actually because it helps you see marginally better but because it makes aiming easier than it is in the daytime. There are a few cases where a pocketed monocular might come in handy but for the most part it's just a liability. Something to break, lose, or get in your way. This is coming from an owner.
Sacrifice the body, not the heart.

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:45 pm

I would honestly avoid them. There are very, very few times where they come in handy and now all you've done is blown money on another useless piece of gear.
Keep 'em chained, boys!