Buying some gears

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
inbartizan

Buying some gears

Post by inbartizan » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:20 pm

Hello NO, I would like to ask, where I easily buy my gear ?
Where, which type of store that provide gear
And, which method is recommended ? A visit to shop directly, or by the internet ?

Thanks
... it won't be easy ...

Xanatos

Re: Buying some gears

Post by Xanatos » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:28 pm

Unfortunately there are no shops dedicated to selling equipment to operatives, your best bet would be searching through outdoor/camping and army surplus shops. I personally prefer buying my stuff personally as I like to inspect gear for myself, but sometimes you can only get gear online.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:55 pm

Paintball stores. Online paintball stores. That's where the good stuff is.
Don't take it too seriously, you're not coming out of it alive.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:58 pm

Yeah, paintball/airsoft equipment is pretty much exactly what they use in the military (aside from bullets & grenades & all that).
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:30 pm

Paintball and air soft gear usually looks very similar to actual issued military gear, although it's often much cheaper quality. I would suggest using any online store that sells gear to military/law enforcement. Most of these stores will sell to civilians, and provided you have the money there is no reason to use makeshift or knockoff gear.

I guess I'm something of a gear elitist, but all my years of opping have taught me to capitalize on every advantage you can get. Obviously I'm not advocating we all go out and buy current gen NVDs, but base your gear investment on the difficulty of your ops. If you're a newbie just starting out, a black pair of dickies, a hoody, and a t-shirt ninja mask will probably suffice. But if you're good enough to be going into buildings and exploring more than just old abandoned ruins, it's probably time to spring for a nice set of BDUs, a balaclava, professional lockpicks, ect. Of course, having all that nice gear sooner won't hurt the newbie at all, but not having the good stuff can certainly pose problems for the experienced opper.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:19 am

Also, it's important to not carry any gear you don't know how to use yet. If you don't know how to pick a lock, don't bring lockpicks on an op - it just adds unnecessary weight.

Æternaeon

Post by Æternaeon » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:35 am

If it doesn't have a use, it's a liability.
Sacrifice the body, not the heart.

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:39 pm

I honestly usually just use Amazon for the basic stuff and use whatever site is cheapest for things like camouflage, lockpicks, blades, and more advanced gear. Unfortunately there is nothing like an emporium for us yet.
Keep 'em chained, boys!