new boots?/Opper update

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Roxas

new boots?/Opper update

Post by Roxas » Wed May 14, 2014 4:08 am

i'm in the store for a new pair of boots, my old pair, which i chose rather blindly, are slowly but surely breaking on me. no more side zips for me, although the zippers on them have stayed true. price is not really an issue, although i'd like to stay under $150

i went on an op a few nights ago due to excellent weather and to finally get back in the game after a long winter huddled inside, nothing serious. just a long practice run of the mill. ill be doing a few more before i start making plans/targets... also, i want to give apologies for my absence i just want you to know i have not ditched you or abandoned this site.
The problem with trying to be the bad guy, is that there is always someone worse

Spets

Re: new boots?/Opper update

Post by Spets » Tue May 20, 2014 7:41 pm

Belleville. Ive had my pair for years and they are the best boots ive owned.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu May 22, 2014 8:08 am

I've got an old pair of army boots in olive drab. Laces, no zips, very durable and entirely intact. Size... 9 or 10, I believe.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Tue May 27, 2014 9:22 pm

Spets wrote:Belleville. Ive had my pair for years and they are the best boots ive owned.
Seconding this. They are very underpriced for what they are. Great quality of construction and long lasting.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Wed May 28, 2014 4:49 pm

In my experience Rocky is comfortable but of meh construction. My Danners so far have made me happy but they are certainly not cheap.
Keep 'em chained, boys!