respirators, or the art of not breathing pigeon shit.

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
TheBurnedMan

respirators, or the art of not breathing pigeon shit.

Post by TheBurnedMan » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:11 am

I was doing some research on respirators for exploring areas where there might be things that I wouldnt want to breathe and found this topic on a related forum, seems pretty comprehensive.

Code: Select all

http://www.uer.ca/forum_showthread.asp?fid=1&threadid=108617
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Æternaeon

Re: respirators, or the art of not breathing pigeon shit.

Post by Æternaeon » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:14 am

A standard half-mask respirator should be sufficient for the most likely contaminants an operative will encounter, like dusts and such in neglected areas.

With all the talk of water plants lately, I would highly recommend a full gas mask for that with appropriate filter. Even though you can get chlorine rated respirator filters, as someone who has worn respirators for legitimate work use the seals on them tend to be subpar and it's too easy to knock them loose and breathe in the contaminated air. If you're painting it's not a big deal if you catch a few whiffs of the air and catch a mild high. Catch some chlorine gas and you are dead.
Sacrifice the body, not the heart.

TheBurnedMan

Post by TheBurnedMan » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:33 am

I can agree with that, also if spotted at such a facility it will be taken much more seriously because of the fear of someone tampering with the water. Also, having read up on chlorine gas today because I had to deal with it, apparently you can absorb it through your skin as well.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:35 am

Well I don't feel like opping in a HazMat suit.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:22 am

That situation would be handled by just not opping it. The vast majority of the time a simple half mask should be fine not too mention how affordable they are. Though I wouldn't mind owning a gas mask as a precaution I just think most instances would be solved by avoiding the problem.
Keep 'em chained, boys!