Weighted Gear

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Shinobi-No-Jutsu

Weighted Gear

Post by Shinobi-No-Jutsu » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Hey, i have recently adopted a policy of wearing 4Kg limb weights and an 18Kg Shirt all the time, even on OPs. Unless i am headed on an OP with multiple potential human contacts. I am noticing an overall speed improvement and the increase arm and leg strength is great for long periods of crouching, climbing or hanging. Anyone else do something like this, or have any thoughts?

Xanatos

Re: Weighted Gear

Post by Xanatos » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:24 pm

For basic agility/fitness training this is a great idea, however on ops it's best to travel as light as possible. You never know what you'll come up against.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Shinobi-No-Jutsu

Post by Shinobi-No-Jutsu » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:54 am

I figure unless i absolutely have to be at maximum performance i use the weights. That way, if i can maintain my agility on an OP despite having about a 50% weight increase then i could perform even better on an OP that requires maximum speed, makes sense right? It certainly plays hell with my endurance though >_<

vonunov

Post by vonunov » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:20 am

Trouble is that you don't know when this op will become that kind of op. Maybe you don't expect confrontation, but maybe you get it anyway, and now you're wearing >20 extra kilos and it's a pain in the ass to deal with. I say have at it during the day and on dry runs but give yourself every advantage when you're gettin' some.
Meet me down by the railroad track.

Shinobi-No-Jutsu

Post by Shinobi-No-Jutsu » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:26 pm

34 kilos actually, i weigh about 50-60 kilos so its almost +50%
And if i need to i can drop all the weight in 2 seconds. But if there is a likely hood of combat, i wont take them

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:36 pm

There's always a likelihood of combat or at least confrontation, which is why we always carry some sort of deterrent even on relatively simple ops such as infiltrating a backyard or exploring an obviously abandoned house. And if you're going to drop the weights to escape then they're lost for good and you've left behind evidence that can be traced back to you.

Honestly, opping in itself is enough of a workout if you maintain absolute stealth at all times. There's no need to burden yourself with unnecessary gear.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Shinobi-No-Jutsu

Post by Shinobi-No-Jutsu » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:42 pm

i still have to disagree. there is rarely a situation where i can't avoid combat. Plus the weights are just ground up metal and cotton, cant be traced to me. I only argue this because the last op i did where i came into human contact, i didn't have the weights on and i felt it was a lot easier escaping by vaulting/climbing things

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:07 pm

I'm gonna have to agree with Xanatos on this one. Training great, but it needs to be a separate activity from the real thing. There's no way to choose when circumstances are going to take a dump on you, and when shit hits the fan you need literally every advantage you can get. The time it takes to strip off weights could mean the difference between getting out safely or catching a bullet.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Roxas

Post by Roxas » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:31 am

shinobi how ? i mean...i want that too...where you get this? link? im dumb founded
The problem with trying to be the bad guy, is that there is always someone worse

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:02 am

Rojas, make your own. This isn't a great idea, unless you have a place you know you'll almost never be caught. Really you need to do your training separate from your opping in this case.
Keep 'em chained, boys!