Blood Pressure Cuffs

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
II CraftyCommando II

Blood Pressure Cuffs

Post by II CraftyCommando II » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:30 pm

The other day a friend locked his keys in the car. We live in a small community, and had to make calls to the sheriffs dept as well as a locksmith before we could get the keys out. The officer who came couldn't unlock the car but gave up a surprising little tidbit. She told us that "enterprising car thieves" are now using blood pressure cuffs to open locked car doors. Apparently the whole thing works like this.
1. Wedge the car door open enough to slip in the car door.
2. Slip the blood pressure cuff between the door and the doorframe.
3. Inflate the blood pressure cuff in order to open the door even more.
4. Pop the lock.
We’re all miserable together.

It’s the opposite of a victimless crime.

Xanatos

Re: Blood Pressure Cuffs

Post by Xanatos » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:30 pm

Can anyone test this out to verify?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

ParanoidRadio

Post by ParanoidRadio » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:22 pm

Confirmed. It's how a mechanic got into my car. It is important to note how he did it. He pried REALLY gently to make a gap at the TOP of the door. Then he inserted the balloon like thing and inflated it. Then he inserted a long plastic rod with an "L" at the end into the door handle and opened it.

Another way, would be to hit the trunk release button (if it has one) and to jump in thru the back. (I did that once myself :-P)

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:01 am

Is it possible to do this without setting off any car alarms though? Seems like this trick would only work for older models.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Urgon

Post by Urgon » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:45 am

AVE...

Most car alarms are sound-sensitive(to detect breaking glass). Some also are connected to that small button thingies that turn on light when you open car door. So to open a car with alarm you must do it gently and without any noises, and hope alarm is not connected to that button. It would be better though to open the hood, find alarm box connections and cut both its siren and power. Simple disconnecting car battery might be enough, but I've seen at least two car alarms with backup power...
"We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."

Airship pirate...

Captain Winky

Post by Captain Winky » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:34 am

This is new? I seriously had a mechanic do this to my dad's car over ten years ago when he tossed his coat with the car keys in it into the trunk of the car and accidentally locked us out on a theme part parking lot. This method of opening the car is even easier than picking the fucking lock.
that's why roger podactor was murdered,
HE FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY!

Nukes

Post by Nukes » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:55 am

With a lot of cars, mine included, it's nearly impossible to open it with anything besides the keys. I'm notorious for locking my keys in my car, and the only time I've ever gotten it unlocked without keys is when a guy had a kit similar to the blood pressure thing, and even then it took him half an hour to do so. I once locked my keys in my car in the parking lot of a sex shop. Thankfully the keys were in my seat and we got them out with a coat hanger...that would've been an awkward call home. Either way, depending on what sort of car you're trying to get into, it may be better to move onto another target.
Hey you! Yes YOU! Go here... http://night-ops.net/chat/

Æternaeon

Post by Æternaeon » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:20 am

Kevlar balloon. It's used for more than just car doors, but also building doors by forces such as SWAT albeit in different shape and form. It's the same idea as when you pry on something with a large lever, but in this case you're using something less damaging (not to say it won't cause any damage at all) to the structure and usually more space and weight efficient.
Sacrifice the body, not the heart.