The Annual NONET Gear Thread

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Illusion

The Annual NONET Gear Thread

Post by Illusion » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:46 am

Just another gear thread, you guys should know the drill by now. Apologies for the pics, I hate iPhones.

In addition to the kit here, I have lots of of []these ration packs from le catacombs, and fuckloads of pieces from Brit Rat packs (about 5 years old, should probably consider throwing them out..). Similarly, I have a pair of chest waders, from le catacombs - but doubt they're gonna see much use apart from draining.

Oh, also - if anyone is interested; I have fuck loads of British DPM, DPM PLCE and so on..

Also, many hi-viz vests, hard hats, a boiler suit and bits and pieces for daytime fun in built up areas.

Lets crack on with the pictures however..

A general look in my pack; first aid kit, hand sanitiser, camera, spare batteries and tripod. Nothing too exciting, just the things I'd require for a general exploration.

A slightly outdated picture as I have new Magnum boots (below a few images) - but these are my combats, and my old green maglite. I loved that maglite and it took an absolute battering. There are also kneepads for service tunnels, these were another item bought specifically for the Paris Catacombs.

SRT kit! Generally useful for old mineshafts, and accessing a whole variety of underground bits. Also, and not the best idea admittedly, for those windy nights on cranes. Simply harness yourself in, use a cowstail and hook on.

There's 2 ascenders (Petzl Basic and Petzl Croll), a descender (Petzl Stop), 2 cowstails, a chest harness and a lower body harness as well as a variety of krabs.

Various bits and peices. At the top we have my little flashlight, aluminium with an assault head on. My AAA light with head attachment, which is pretty nifty actually. My 3xD cell maglite pouch (maglite not in shot), a camping blanket, various glow sticks, a laser pointer (camera focusing), a Puxing radio (with a covert stylee headset and a speaker mic), weight lifting gloves (allow me to climb whilst using a camera) and my first aid kit again.

Pretty photography centric this picture. A cheap ass plastic torch (not in shot 2 identical ones) - pretty useful for putting filters on and using in light painting shorts, a multi LED light (with hook and magnetic backing, good for hooking to ladders in drains) and my tripod. We also have my Nikon dSLR, a cheap GE bridge (really good actually) and a little compact w/ case for recce.

The gask mask is just for Teutoni's benefit! But these are my new Magnums.. <3

Wellies (1337 tactic00l bl4ck) because their awesome and required in drains, and a closer view of those knee pads.

I've forgotten some smaller bits - like my multitools and stuff, may post up images later/tomorrow.
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."

Ghost

Re: The Annual NONET Gear Thread

Post by Ghost » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:16 am

I have some new gear on the way, so i'll try to get some pictures up in the next week or two.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:46 am

I finally have bought all the basic gear I have been wanting. Still waiting for a week or two for it all to get here though. When it does I will post.
Keep 'em chained, boys!

joshvillen

Post by joshvillen » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:53 am

some new stuff
Attachments
clot 005.JPG
clot 004.JPG
clot 003.JPG
clot 002.JPG
clot 001.JPG

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:49 am

Here's my basic op attire: multicam, custom camo shirt, darkened AUScam trousers and grey & black top (grey longsleeve undershirt with black t-shirt on top):
clothing.JPG
Closeups of the Multicam (one with a dimmed flash because, up close, the camera flash is overly bright). Better suited to drier environments or daytime ops:
multicam1.JPG
multicam2.JPG
Here are my darkened AUScam trousers, very comfortable, concealable and quiet:
darkAUScam.JPG
darkAUScamclose1.JPG
darkAUScamclose2.JPG
A 'fashion' camo longsleeve shirt I had for a number of years but that I upgraded with some spray paint & vegetation for patterns. Also very comfortable & quiet:
customshirtf.JPG
customshirtb.JPG
Accessories:
head&hands.JPG
From left-right; OD shemagh, desert tan shemagh, green & brown sniper veil (perfect for warmer climates) and navy blue t-shirt mask. Also pair of wraparound clear goggles with reflective lenses for when I require eye protection or retinal concealment:
headgear.JPG
From left-right; AUScam gloves with leather palms (very comfortable), well-worn Ansell Hy-flex all purpose work gloves (highly recommended), black cuffed gloves with leather palms (recently acquired, used for social stealth operations) and black tube socks with the toes cut off, used for warmer weather when I'd prefer to wear a t-shirt but still want to cover my pale arms:
gloves.JPG
From left-right; well-worn Australian combats (for operations in rough terrain), Ninja tabi (for when extreme stealth, climbing or agility is needed) with various leg bindings underneath, black diving boots (all-purpose op footwear):
footwear.JPG
Now on to the fun stuff:
gear.JPG
Tactical EDC bag, compact and can carry lots of things. MOLLE leg platform with camera pouch, very comfortable although the belt loop gets a little loose on longer operations. Appx. 30ft OD paracord with 2 carabiners for climbing (not rapelling!). Flexible camera tripod:
gear1.JPG
Black diving/survival knife w/ kydex sheath & smaller backup knife. Black Fairbairn Sykes fighting knife (3rd pattern) w/ leather sheath - a dagger built for a single purpose. Nieto 182 combat knife w/ leather sheath, better suited for daytime ops. Smith & Wesson HRT9B boot knife w/ leather sheath, most popular opping knife. Smoke bomb (for emergencies, not carried on most ops). LED flashlight (fucking bright, can severely blind opponents in the dark). Compact 8x monocular with rangefinding markings. 10x monocular, no reticle. 2 tubes of metsu-bishi (blinding powder) in a US Army ammo pouch:
gear2.JPG
B&E tools. New lockpick set (has another compartment with extra picks for vehicles but the case wouldn't stay completely open). Older pick set, has a snake rake but broken wrench. ~1m nylon string (has its uses). Kubaton, carried on light 'spontaneous' ops. Crowbar, black. Wire cutters, needle-nose pliers, glass cutter. Multitool w/ miniature screwdriver set:
gear3.JPG
I've also got some other off bits & pieces (darts & caltrops for deterring pursuers, NVGs, etc) but couldn't be bothered digging them out.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Nukes

Post by Nukes » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:15 am

I didn't bother posting pics of my camera because all I have is it (a Canon Rebel) a tripod and an extra lens. But, this is the stuff I normally take on ops.
Attachments
IMG_6235.JPG
balaclava and the best pair of gloves I've ever owned.
IMG_6229.JPG
Some glow sticks, first aid kit, multi-tool, binoculars, headlamp, knife with a box cutter, and my new blackhawk knife (thank you teutoni)
IMG_6226.JPG
My cargo pants, woodland shirt, and boots.
Hey you! Yes YOU! Go here... http://night-ops.net/chat/

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:42 am

Damn, those are some nice gloves.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Nukes

Post by Nukes » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:28 pm

I swear I thought I lost them once and I was so mad at myself. Best part is, didn't even pay for them. I just found them randomly
Hey you! Yes YOU! Go here... http://night-ops.net/chat/

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:42 pm

I have to remember to take pics as I finally have all the gear I ordered show up.
Keep 'em chained, boys!