Powerstilting

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
II CraftyCommando II

Powerstilting

Post by II CraftyCommando II » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:59 am

Ive recently discovered powerstilts. An experienced and comfortable user can jump 6-9 feet into the air, and run in 6-9 foot strides and up to 20mph! They are around 3 feet in height, and 19 pounds. any thoughts?
We’re all miserable together.

It’s the opposite of a victimless crime.

Nukes

Re: Powerstilting

Post by Nukes » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:27 pm

Unless you plan on using them a whole lot, I personally don't think they'd be worth the investment. They also look like they'd be kind of loud, but I'm just I assuming, because I've never actually heard anything about them before now. I don't think they'd be ideal for regular opping, but it all depends on what you do I suppose.
Hey you! Yes YOU! Go here... http://night-ops.net/chat/

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:14 pm

Too cumbersome for operational purposes, I can't really imagine sneaking around in those things.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:41 am

well maybe for like a grab an go type of op in an open area where sound isn't too big of an issue
but, opping is about stealth and blending in in terms of movement and those'd stick out like a sore thumb to me
theres my 10 cents
WHY SO SERIOUS!!!

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:07 pm

I had an old opping buddy who really wanted to try out opping in these. He never got around to it, but the thought of seeing what looks to be a ninja/velociraptor hybrid running and jumping around out there would almost make it worth it, if only for the lulz.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:39 am

Something like this?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

II CraftyCommando II

Post by II CraftyCommando II » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:10 pm

i guess the entire point for me would be increased agility and range of movement as well as speed. definitely more useful in an urban environment, especially if there is background noise such as passing cars etc to mask it.
We’re all miserable together.

It’s the opposite of a victimless crime.

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:38 am

If you have the money, I say go for it! Then come back and tell us the awesome stories I hope you have. I mean the only real way to see if they're useful is to actually use them.
Keep 'em chained, boys!