phone cameras

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Highlander

phone cameras

Post by Highlander » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:21 am

Well hello again wonderful world of NO,
i was thinking of multi-purpose tools obviously to to some what lighten my load as i went thru some confidence ops and my main point is that buying a camera (i really wanna do some dares) is to expensive so since im gettin a phone upgrade this monday, what would be a good phone? (no iphones please i dont like apple) my first thought would be the basic blackberry torch 9800 do you guys know about the camera on this phone or a phone that has a good camera (with flash)

may thy tips cometh forth, Highlander
WHY SO SERIOUS!!!

Illusion

Re: phone cameras

Post by Illusion » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:35 am

Not going to lie - I've only just looked up the specs; so you may know more than me!

Resolution wise, you really won't need more than 5mp on a phone, combined with flash it should be good to go. Although sometimes, it's easier to just light something up with a torch and take a snap; I'll demonstrate with a pic tomorrow morning. (I'm GMT too, but on at nearly 5am..) Image Stabilization is also a good feature to look for.

From what I gather, you can't change the ISO settings; this is the light sensitivity - the higher number the more sensitive. It does have the effect of making the image appear a bit grainy/noisey in low light situations - but for the type of photos you want at night it's not too much of an issue.

But choosing a phone is pretty much down to you, and your everyday life! For example I'm an android man myself, but I know some can't stand it and live by their BBs or iPhones!
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."