bb rifle

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Atarii-XV

bb rifle

Post by Atarii-XV » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:23 pm

Anybody know a good co2 powered bb rifle for around 50-60 bucks (links are appreciated)

Illusion

Re: bb rifle

Post by Illusion » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:18 am

Atarii-XV wrote:Anybody know a good co2 powered bb rifle for around 50-60 bucks (links are appreciated)
Whats it for? I can't see why it would ever be needed, it kinda goes against the minimalistic approach that most guys here seem to take. However, if you let us know what you've got it in mind for - then hell yeah; I bet someone here has had the same problem and has some ingenious way of beating it!

That said, here goes a little warning - apologies if it's common sense, but it's worth highlighting: Taking anything that looks like a firearm out, let alone something as obvious as a rifle is asking for trouble. Regardless of gun laws as well:

You do in a place with restrictive gun laws = if you get seen, you WILL get police out that are tooled up;
You do it in a place with really lax gun laws = if you get seen, you will probably get shot at by whoever owns where you are, or who feels threatened by you wandering out in the dark

Also, it's bound to make anything you're doing more dangerous legally.
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:27 am

Also, if it's for light removal, do it before the op from a carefully chosen & concealed position so you don't need to carry the gun around with you on the actual op. You're not Sam Fisher.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:29 pm

Xanatos wrote:Also, if it's for light removal, do it before the op from a carefully chosen & concealed position so you don't need to carry the gun around with you on the actual op. You're not Sam Fisher.
This. Light Removal is the only use I can see; and depending on the location - I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way around the light. Unless the building is a giant ball of light, I'm going to say there most definitely a way around it.

Also, light removal has the potential to be waaayyy counter-productive... It makes it clear that something might be going on and it can draw attention to specific areas of a building if its an obvious light that has gone; and if it's not an obvious light then it didn't need removing.
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."

Atarii-XV

Post by Atarii-XV » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:48 am

If you must know then i will tell you....
have you guys ever been with friends and have a a spur of the moment op with no recon?
well this is what it will be mainly for
the second use for me is that i leave in a a semi rural forested suburb where coyotes and run away rabid dogs are present
the third is that some times ill go on a bad idea black op to blow of steam or to fuck with a rival o mine ( a kid i went to school with decided he'd try to op when he some how found out that i did and trys to show me up)
the fourth is related to the second because like alot of other people on here like to go urbexing and i live in the mid west so ive ran into my fair share of coons(th animal)
and if im ever on an op in a more urban setting the sight of a rifle could deter any would be petty criminals.
and btw the cops arent to big o dicks so if they say drop the weapon i do so and kick it to em and tell em its a bbgun
and thats why i need help cause i dont think the standard crosman pump is very stealthy due to the extended noise of pumping

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:02 am

Something to keep in mind.

Real or not, perception is going to be real. Carrying a real firearm, you are far more likely to find yourself getting shot at. Statistic fact. Why? Because you are a threat. Regardless of who instigates a situation, nobody is going to say "Oh ok, I started this so you can shoot at me." No, they're going to try to shoot you first to save their own skin.

Now imagine yourself as the instigator. Suddenly, they're going to feel at far more risk and view you as a criminal and a huge threat. Unknown variables. What if you never even see a guy with a firearm who saw you sneaking around and he shoots you from concealment not knowing any better?

Now if you want to carry one, we can't stop you. But think everything through. For what you're wanting out of your air rifle, there are better options. It sounds like high concentration pepper spray, like bear mace, would work wonders. Coyotes will fuck right off faster than they would from a pellet and you'll open a window of escape from criminals - probably more efficiently at that. There are some notes on using pepper spray that need to be addressed as well, such as the fact that you will probably take a light dose to the face as well from mist and splash.

I think an expanding baton or stun baton would be more effective as well. The noise output will rival a pellet rifle scaring away animals and if any of them attack anyways, well you might get mauled or die but maybe you'll take one out with you. You're not killing a coyote with a bb gun anyways. Same idea with criminals. You'd have to be pretty desperate to risk attacking someone who's also out on the offensive at night who's got a baton.

Only carry something you are prepared to use 100%. A pellet rifle is pretty half-ass and seems to be more of an intimidation device that you want. Honestly I don't think it would serve you very well for that and would in fact just make things worse and be a clunky piece of equipment you have to lug around the whole time.

I might also suggest my slingbow concept from my stealth survival (techniques) thread for rural animal concerns. It will allow you to shoot arrows at limited range without carrying an actual bow. A folded slingshot and an arrow or two with unconventional fletching will not appear to be a weapon unless you have it deployed.

Edit - And for what it's worth, the majority of the sound produced by a pump pellet rifle is the handle smacking the piston tube when you return it. You can add something there like cloth or vinyl tape to silence the action as you pump it.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Atarii-XV

Post by Atarii-XV » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:31 pm

not to sound like a negative nacy er any thing but can i get straight answer idc about intimidation er anything and i dont want mace now lets answer my real question whats a good co2 powered bb rifle for around 60$?

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:46 pm

Atarii-XV wrote:and if im ever on an op in a more urban setting the sight of a rifle could deter any would be petty criminals.
Atarii-XV wrote:not to sound like a negative nacy er any thing but can i get straight answer idc about intimidation er anything and i dont want mace now lets answer my real question whats a good co2 powered bb rifle for around 60$?
Contradictions aside - Psychlonic has gone out of his way to post a pretty lengthy post regarding why you may not want to do this. If no one has a use for anything like this, or if no one uses anything like this - then no one will be able to answer your question.

Just read some reviews or something.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:49 am

Atarii-XV wrote:not to sound like a negative nacy er any thing but can i get straight answer idc about intimidation er anything and i dont want mace now lets answer my real question whats a good co2 powered bb rifle for around 60$?
How about let's not, since your original question was stupid.

EDIT- Actually, screw it. Here, get one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/MARKSMAN-18-SHOT- ... 239&sr=1-6

They're really cheap, so when you do something stupid and get busted because you used an air pistol during a night op, you won't lose as much money. Alternatively, you'll just get killed and it won't matter either way.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Biohazard

Post by Biohazard » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:05 am

Lol, kid. Have you ever shot a pellet gun before? Do you have any idea that whatever you're going to (possibly) hit is going to go into blind rage and tear you in half? Yeah, even a dog will get PISSED. Like you've been told before, stop being an idiot. If all this has not changed your mind you deserve to have a negative experience that will teach you. Go buy one.

That said, if you want to carry a weapon carry a larger screwdriver. That will put a dog down eventually and will do enough damage to a human. Best of all, there's less chance they see it as a weapon if you're caught.
Fuck off.

Atarii-XV

Post by Atarii-XV » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:56 am

Lets leave it at this, ill op how i wanna and you op how you wanna opping with a ranged weapon is my style i like being spontaneous when i decide to op unless i choose otherwise. and i feel like i have the need to carry a ranged weapon cause my instinct says bring one. my idea of night ops was spawned from the old textfiles from the old totse like all hail anarchy and that shit.

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:01 am

Atarii-XV wrote:Lets leave it at this, ill op how i wanna and you op how you wanna opping with a ranged weapon is my style i like being spontaneous when i decide to op unless i choose otherwise. and i feel like i have the need to carry a ranged weapon cause my instinct says bring one. my idea of night ops was spawned from the old textfiles from the old totse like all hail anarchy and that shit.
Enjoy anarchy with a ranged weapon with an effective range of about 10 meters. ANARCHY4LYF BRO. KEEPIN' UP THE GOOD FIGHT!!

Not. Seriously dude, re-think before you screw up.

Biohazard

Post by Biohazard » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:02 am

A BB gun is not a weapon. It's an annoyance. Yeah you go ahead and do your "spontaneous ops" and get caught because you don't plan. Don't expect any of us to bail you out of jail. Have a good day.
Fuck off.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:03 am

So you plan to run around with a toy - not a ranged weapon, a toy - just in case shit goes down because that's what you learned from the Anarchist Cookbook and &T. Ok. Be sure to file the front sight down so it doesn't hurt as bad when you piss someone off and they shove it up your ass.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:10 am

If you're going to carry something that looks like a firearm, you might as well just man up and bring a real one. At least that could actually save you from an attacker or a wild animal. There's a reason elite Operators all carry sidearms, you know.

Heck, you can regularly get hi point pistols on gunbroker for under a hundred dollars - now that's value!

Edit - this one's only $115 bucks. doesn't get much more operator than that.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =269800518
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:11 am

Bonus: you can remove the bullets from the cartridges and replace them with wads of magnesium to really fuck shit up.

Atarii-XV

Post by Atarii-XV » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:14 am

All right fine ill listen to you guys ill go out at night and not have fun and simply have nothin but balls to the wall ops how does that sound

EDIT-

come to think of it maybe this wouldve been taken more lightly if posted in bad ideas
Last edited by Atarii-XV on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Biohazard

Post by Biohazard » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:17 am

Here's a better idea, how about you get the FUCK off this forum and back to Zoklet?
Fuck off.

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:17 am

Biohazard: You gin git bombed now.
Atarii-XV wrote:All right fine ill listen to you guys ill go out at night and not have fun and simply have nothin but balls to the wall ops how does that sound
Dude chillax, it's for the better. Just go out and throw some bombs dude.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:20 am

... :roll:

Atarii-XV

Post by Atarii-XV » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:22 am

Biohazard wrote:Here's a better idea, how about you get the FUCK off this forum and back to Zoklet?
Fuck you and fuck Zoklet too, im a Totsean

and all right ill chiil down and im outta bombs needa make more

and psy whats that about?

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:27 am

It's a high-energy powder. Burns sort of similar to thermite if you condense it and then touch an electrical charge to it.

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:28 am

Therin the Hand wrote:It's a high-energy powder. Burns sort of similar to thermite if you condense it and then touch an electrical charge to it.
Dude you're a douche. This is a public forum asshat.

Leave the bombs for PM atleast, you're a moderator as well.

Atarii-XV

Post by Atarii-XV » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:30 am

Cool does it have to be that certain brand

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:31 am

No, whatever has the highest concentration of naNO works best though.

Biohazard

Post by Biohazard » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:32 am

I still fucking hate you and think you're a moron, but what the hell. I'll help you out. You need MuscleTech brand only. Others work, but it's the best.
Last edited by Biohazard on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fuck off.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:32 am

Nanovapor. You can also have axe spray on a time delay so that when the nanovapor goes off, you get a fuel-air explosion at the same time.

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:33 am

Therin the Hand wrote:No, whatever has the highest concentration of naNO works best though.
Dude this is low. You sent me PM's bitching at me when I started discussing my bombs on here, then you deleted my posts. What the fuck man?

Atarii-XV

Post by Atarii-XV » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:34 am

Alright bio lets keep it that way and agree to disagree and thanks for the help

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:35 am

Moddy wrote:
Therin the Hand wrote:No, whatever has the highest concentration of naNO works best though.
Dude this is low. You sent me PM's bitching at me when I started discussing my bombs on here, then you deleted my posts. What the fuck man?

Yeah, because that thermite you made was waaay to dangerous. What you were going to use to burn through a padlock was enough to melt through an inch-thick steel door.

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:36 am

Therin the Hand wrote:
Moddy wrote:

Yeah, because that thermite you made was waaay to dangerous. What you were going to use to burn through a padlock was enough to melt through an inch-thick steel door.
And naNO isn't? Dude, it's not even funny. We all know what happens if you mess up with that.. Then Psy; you too man. Do you think he's ready for adding axe to that shit?

But seriously, whatever happens - its your fault. I'm outta this thread.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:37 am

No problem bro. Get them bombz and fuck shit up.

Atarii-XV

Post by Atarii-XV » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:40 am

Will do tmo psy and no hard feeling

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:59 am

Atarii-XV

Post by Atarii-XV » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:03 am

WTF!?!

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:11 am

Whoops, meant to post this:

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:24 am

Atarii-XV

Post by Atarii-XV » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:59 am

If this is what the more senoir oppers do... then i should just stop trying

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:07 am

Atarii-XV wrote:If this is what the more senoir oppers do... then i should just stop trying
We didn't notice you were, sorry. Well.. this has got a bit awkward. :|

Atarii-XV

Post by Atarii-XV » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:15 am

Well apparently ive been opping the wrong way for the past five years and should really think about reevaluating my ways thank you :mrgreen:

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:31 am

Atarii-XV wrote:Well apparently ive been opping the wrong way for the past five years and should really think about reevaluating my ways thank you :mrgreen:
5 Years? That must be why you're an endless source of experiences, knowledge and guides; I guess we'll bow down to you! Oh wait...

Well guess what buddy? 5 years isn't shit. Look at everyone who replied to you, all 2005 join dates apart from Psychlonic, and you know his guide was wrote in 2005. (Do the math; 2012 - 2005 = 7. So approx. 7 years) With the exception of me; who's on my second account (so in reality another 2005).

The fact is though, unlike wherever you came from - a join date, a few stories or whatever else you have to say... it means nothing. It's the attitude that counts; the attitude that yearns for self-improvement, the attitude that is thirsty for knowledge and the attitude that is capable of being humble when advised for the good of itself. These are qualities that you just don't display.

Instead you display an argumentative "I know best" attitude - and you don't, you couldn't be further from the truth. Even if I did think you'd been doing this for 5 years, would I be impressed? No, quite the opposite - as it would be clear that in 5 years you've wasted your time, have made no progress and are still content doing the same things. If you're happy with that, then maybe this isn't the right place for you.

I see new posters on here, I can think of one specifically, that join up and (without any bullshit whatsoever) post questions about "how to learn x", "how to get the confidence to do y". You give them an answer, and believe it or not - they take it, as if they knew better they wouldn't have asked the question in the first place. If those guys are reading this, good on you - you have nothing to fear like this thread. Those are the people that belong here, because within a few measly months they often make more progress than you've supposedly made in 5 years. Still, at least your proud of your 5 years..

Don't like what I've got to say? Don't even reply, just go a chillax and throw some bombs buddy.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:36 am

I leave for a few hours and wake up to this. At least it's good to see NO is back to the way it used to be, with its own in-house /b/ team & everything.

I could criticise Atarii-XV for his reckless behaviour but I think everything that needs to be said has already been said. This is a forum for night operations and exploration of the unknown, not a destructo-Ninja online collective. We do have a Bad Ideas section but that's only for illegal activities that actually seem plausible, not genuinely bad ideas. If you wish to discuss that sort of think I suggest tracking down a forum called 'Ninjitsu-Technique' that deals with that sort of thing specifically.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Roxas

Post by Roxas » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:01 am

this made me laugh harder than anything i swear
The problem with trying to be the bad guy, is that there is always someone worse

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:59 am

Lol way to necro an old thread. On the bright side maybe people will see this one kids posts and realize how stupid things like bb guns are on ops.
Keep 'em chained, boys!

Roxas

Post by Roxas » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 pm

i remember when i thought bringing a sling shot would be a good idea......that was what? 3-4 months ago? ive come a long way in a short period
The problem with trying to be the bad guy, is that there is always someone worse

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:29 pm

As hilarious as these shenanigans were, there's only room for one necromancer on this board, and that's me.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:27 am

Make that two, motherfucker.