Vehicles

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
II CraftyCommando II

Vehicles

Post by II CraftyCommando II » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:57 pm

Motor vehicles can be a pain. The fuzz uses them, targets use them, but can we use them? While often unused, they can actually be a benefit in some circumstances. i live in the northeast, and it is getting close to winters, which are pretty heavy around here. snowmobiling is a popular sport in my town, and you can hear them going until well into the early hours. no ones going to notice another snowmobile. These machines can also help cover a long distance in a short time.
In the summer, dirtbikes and ATVs could be used, although, going on foot is far more practical for nearly any distance under even 5 miles for a fit and experienced opper.
For those of you living near bodies of water, kayaks, canoes, and even rowboats could be used, under the right circumstances. They provide cover since rivers and lakes are rarely well lit, dont leave a trail, and provide alternative means of access to destinations. Theyre also quiet, and can carry a load far heavier than manageable by one person.
We’re all miserable together.

It’s the opposite of a victimless crime.

Xanatos

Re: Vehicles

Post by Xanatos » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:34 am

Vehicles have been discussed on NO before, although not much attention has been drawn on anything other than bicycles and cars. I think Cpt. Winky wrote a guide covering naval operations (in the Resources section under 'Movement and Stealth').

I don't use any sort of vehicle for operational purposes so I don't have much to say on the subject, aside from that public transport can get you over long distances quite easily (trains etc) although depending on what gear you're bringing it may be difficult to transport inconspicuously.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

fx1k

Re: Vehicles

Post by fx1k » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:43 am

In regards to vehicles in general

A friend of mine and myself have become accustomed to using longboards as transportation for operations. They cover pretty good distances with almost no effort, they are silent due to their large rubber wheels, and they are easily stashed. However, they are limited to more suburban and urban terrain. Rough roads and dirt can be a pain to deal with on a longboard.

I have yet to use a motor vehicle on an operation. I would like to though, as I have nearly exhausted all targets within walking and biking distance.