Drugs?

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Nonsequitor

Drugs?

Post by Nonsequitor » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:57 am

Does anyone have any experience using anxiety or nerve suppressants to calm oneself under duress. I know that keeping a calm state of mind is best. I however am looking at this for getting into fights if I have to. My lack of experience will lead to panic, so if I can mitigate it, that would be great.
What is the music of life? Silence, dear brother.

Xanatos

Re: Drugs?

Post by Xanatos » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:28 am

As far as using "drugs" on ops is concerned, I wouldn't recommend it. It's best to approach every op as sober as possible.

Having said that, Psychlonic has a useful thread on various supplements to increase one's performance in a lot of areas: https://nightops.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1945
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

V-S

Post by V-S » Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:38 am

Apparently, the two offenders from the North Hollywood shootout used Phenobarbital as a nerve suppressant before their robbery and shootout.

I have no experience with nerve suppressants, nor would I recommend it unless you are getting into some serious ordeals.

I think the best way (and only way) would be to learn from experience. The more you subject yourself to danger, the more used to it you will become. Start off with low-risk stuff and build up from there. Just remember to evaluate at the end of every experience to figure out what you could have done better.

Also meditation.
The Sun is down, time to go to work.

NINJAHAMMER

Post by NINJAHAMMER » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:02 pm

I have to agree with V-S on this one, expose yourself slowly with stressful situations and train realistically. Also, you are pre-programming your mind to fail when you state that you will fail under stress; instead , use visualization and positive affirmations that state you will succeed under stress. A book on the Chinese ninja Lin Kuei (sp), (I'm not stating that Chinese ninja existed, just stating what this book suggested) mentioned entering into a mental state where you imagine yourself a tiger or dragon and attack with ferociousness. Special Ops troops have used certain drugs in combat in order to stay awake and stay focused (in the Vietnam war, they used "green hornets" or Dexedrine and in WW2 the Germans used amphetamines ). I remember playing a spec ops / spy video game where the operative would use a depressant before taking a sniper shot in order to calm himself and steady the scope view (can't remember if this was Golgo 13, Syphon Filter, or Metal Gear Solid). I , personally, would only use a stimulant like caffeine as I would not want to make poor decisions with a depressant or overly aggressive actions with a stimulant; I would never want to utilize a drug that can cause a wrong perception of reality. V-S mentioned the Hollywood Shootout Bank of America bank robbery: the two robbers took too much time inside the bank while trying to access the money from the ATM ( time perception issue perhaps?) and even though they were smart enough to use overwhelming force ( full auto firearms and body armor to continue the fight if shot) , they were also over confident (two operatives cannot fight an army) A stealth operative is smart enough to avoid conflict and prepares for escape if possible ( The Bank of America robbers should have had a few less battle rifles and a bag of smoke grenades and they may have escaped.)

basewatcher

Post by basewatcher » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:56 pm

Amphetamine salts 10mg and not a uG more.
I also have fentanyl to use as an incapacitant but never used it. Narcan to snap them back out of it.