Wait a second... (DokuWiki)

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Psychlonic

Wait a second... (DokuWiki)

Post by Psychlonic » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:22 pm

Secant, can we not use the library software to create guide content in wiki format???
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Secant
Admin

Re: Wait a second... (DokuWiki)

Post by Secant » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:13 am

Probably, yes. What do you have in mind? PM me.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:21 am

:D :D :D :D :D

You have no idea how happy this makes me. lol
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Secant
Admin

Post by Secant » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:21 am

I see you've been busy :lol:

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:26 am

Well I guess the cat's out of the bag now!

Yeah. ALL other written content on the matter will be obsolete when this is finished. I don't care from who, or where, this will become the definitive written stealth resource on the entire internet. I'm actually having fun with this. I've long thought that a wiki format "guide" would be vastly superior to a massive wall of text guide format. It's a win on every single level. You can learn what you want to learn quickly, concisely and without filler. You're exposed to ideas you'd never thought of. It is quickly updated without requiring readers to slog through an entire text file again. Finally, the ability to add images and videos to the articles makes them multimedia. I'd argue this is even superior to just pure video format.

This is what I've been wanting to work on for a very long time now.

Ultimately there will likely be some system on the forum for submissions to the wiki once the main "framework" is finished up. Information can be called into review through said system if any errors are present. Also I'm awaiting word from Xanatos, I know he's been doing some writing and if he's interested in collaborating we can reach a common tonality for the work.

This isn't intended to be a "by me" work. Rather something that grows and evolves over time, presented simply by "NONET".

V-S

Post by V-S » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:18 am

I do like this idea. I am already familiar with wiki editing, so am keen for this.
The Sun is down, time to go to work.

Raven

Post by Raven » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:15 pm

I always thought that we haven't been using the Library page possibilities to its full extent. Systematization does help a lot.

Your idea sounds really nice. Can't wait to see it in action.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:46 pm

Cheers, I think you'll like it. It's being written differently than a standard, specific topic wiki with a hierarchy that mostly just flows downward. It's meant to send you back and forth in a way that you're not just reading single page and then the next single page, rather I expect ideas to occur in the reader's mind and the flow caters to that. Get lost in ADHD, it doesn't matter you can loop back to where you were easily enough or follow your new idea.

I'm integrating multimedia into relevant sections and trying to referencing library files* where appropriate too, I want the reader to be able to learn, learn, learn. Also, I'm trying to break everything up in a way that if you don't want to learn everything a page has to offer, it's as simple as scrolling another couple lines down where you'll see an obvious end and new starting point. Links everywhere.

There's a lot of wind in my sails on this one, I can't promise anything but I'm aiming for a proper roll out next month. End of year is absolute latest, but I think I can do this by the end of November.

* Also, looking at the library files I noticed some reading essentials were missing. With the OK from Secant of course, I'll see about adding a lot more files to that.