The new video game

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Descreet

The new video game

Post by Descreet » Thu May 25, 2023 6:11 pm

Hey, oppers. I don't want this to look like advertising so I won't mention the name of the game :wink: If you know, you know.

It looks like a horror game but it's essentially a night op. Even the guy that debriefs says stuff like "...nobody operates like you do..."

It's about the brainwashing process of sleeper spies after all. So I suggest everyone to try it, wait for a discount since I don't think it is worth the full price right now.

Especially good for those like me that are afraid of actually opping since it really scratches the itch and can actually boost your confidence which it did for me.

Shadow Scout

Re: The new video game

Post by Shadow Scout » Thu May 25, 2023 9:17 pm

Last edited by Shadow Scout on Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

V-S

Post by V-S » Fri May 26, 2023 4:06 am

I suspect I know the game you are referring to. I've never played any one of the series. It has an interesting looking aesthetic and concept, but it's just too far from reality for me to get immersed.

One game I've been keeping an eye on is I.G.I Origins. Looks to be incorporating stealth elements in a cold war setting. Could be shit though, wait and see.

Video games have always been an inspiration for me to go night opping and hobbie, but it's obviously not a substitute. I highly recommend you get yourself at night even if you don't have an op planned. Just go exploring, you might just find your next op to do. Not to mention the general experience you get from stalking the night.
The Sun is down, time to go to work.

Descreet

Post by Descreet » Fri May 26, 2023 9:28 am

V-S wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 4:06 am
One game I've been keeping an eye on is I.G.I Origins.
Never heard of that before. Just checked it out and it looks really good. A first person stealth game with limited immersive HUD is not something we see often. I hope the game rewards the pacifist style because when a stealth game gives me weapons, I end up killing everyone and that's not fun. Which actually is one of the aspects I liked about the game I was talking about.

Also, thanks for the advice but I am afraid not for myself but more for my family's reputation if I get caught stalking/intruding at night. I do smaller ops though, don't worry, I am no imposter. :lol:

Mr. Edgyman

Post by Mr. Edgyman » Fri May 26, 2023 4:53 pm

Descreet wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 9:28 am
Never heard of that before. Just checked it out and it looks really good.
Yeah, so, I've just checked it as well, seems awesome, unfortunately, https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxAXLdn4 ... PfK5YrcNkv

It's over. :?

Some time ago I saw a video about a similar game, unfortunately, it also seems to be dead:
https://youtu.be/OsLceTO9zXY

It's SO over. :(

Descreet

Post by Descreet » Fri May 26, 2023 11:13 pm

Mr. Edgyman wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 4:53 pm
No, it's not even out yet! Check it on Steam. Says "Coming Soon". I mean games coming out later than the announced date is very common.

The other video link did not work for me.

V-S

Post by V-S » Sat May 27, 2023 4:14 am

Descreet wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 11:13 pm
Mr. Edgyman wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 4:53 pm
No, it's not even out yet! Check it on Steam. Says "Coming Soon". I mean games coming out later than the announced date is very common.

The other video link did not work for me.
Oh damn, that's a shame.

That other game you mention is looks like a indev game called Transience, still hopefully is a thing.

Splinter Cell one is being remade. I don't have much faith in current day Ubisoft though.

And Metal Gear Solid 3 is getting a remake. I loved that one so much, really hope they don't fuck it up.
The Sun is down, time to go to work.

Intruder

Post by Intruder » Wed May 31, 2023 3:37 pm

Thief Simulator still best bang for buck for anyone looking at something to stave off Extreme Nightwalking urges.