About masks

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
cTrial

About masks

Post by cTrial » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:56 pm

Should a mask cover your eyebrows or is this irrelevant? Also, what is your preferred mask and why?

V-S

Re: About masks

Post by V-S » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:46 am

I usually wear a neck gaiter when doing non-actual ops, easy to pull up over half your face when you need to. But when doing a planed up wear a balaclava (with only eye slits). Some ops I'd prefer the gaiter just because high chances you will be spotted by public, less conspicuous than a full on balaclava.

Ideally you'd want to hide your eye brows. If you happen to be close enough to a camera and look right at it they could do a image comparison analysis to you, if you were ever a suspect.
The Sun is down, time to go to work.

cTrial

Post by cTrial » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:28 am

Thanks V-S

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:53 pm

I like using a shemagh or sniper veil because you can control the eye slit exposure a lot more than a typical balaclava with a fixed eye hole. You can adjust "exposure", as it were.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

V-S

Post by V-S » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:14 am

Good points. I have a black mesh shemagh that I've never actually used before, I'll have to give it a go. I think my only concern is that it can sit a bit loose and is a bit annoying and likely to snag on things. Though it will break up the outline of your head a lot more.
The Sun is down, time to go to work.

cTrial

Post by cTrial » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:16 am

I always felt the shemagh was the most stylish option for concealment.

Has anybody ever tried using a ninja mask? How’d that go? I remember seeing someone using it from a picture posted on this forum. Should be similar to a shemagh but tighter and maybe less loose fabric.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:32 am

Don't recall a "ninja mask" anywhere on here, but I've used t-shirts as masks on several occasions. Also a good option.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Raven

Post by Raven » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:50 pm

I've seen Xanatos wearing a mask made out of sniper veil. These usually come in 150x50cm, so normal shemagh/bandana technique doesn't work here. How do you tie them to form a mask? Is it better than a t-shirt mask?

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:51 pm

Sniper veils come in a variety of sizes - I have two (one black, one camo) that are shemagh-sized and work just fine. You can always just cut it to the desired size as well.