Hyperstealth Corp

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Psychlonic

Hyperstealth Corp

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:18 am

This isn't so much a resource for most people as much as just... stealth entertainment?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiPMHs ... hFw/videos

Thought this was up and might have missed it, but here it is since I didn't see it elsewhere. They go over lots of interesting, cutting edge applications for modern detection methods.

For those of you familiar with the recent anti-FLIR material project I wrapped up in the winter time, you'll also see the Lubor's lens "invisibility cloak" concept in their videos. The material end game is to add a non-linear pattern of those and a few other sneaky tricks, with preliminary testing showing very promising results against a wide variety of electronic security measures.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Xanatos

Re: Hyperstealth Corp

Post by Xanatos » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:26 am

Is it in 'cloak' form yet or still a solid sheet? Cool as it would be to instantly hide from an observer, can't really see myself lugging around a pavise on an op.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:08 pm

The goal is to keep it close in versatility to the current material, which can be sewn into whatever. I'm currently looking into a brigandine-like approach with the application of the lenses - both exterior and sandwiched - but I haven't been wholly satisfied with the results yet. However I have gotten the best results using hexagonal cut shapes applied in radial patterns which seems to provide good material flexibility plus when used on the exterior it's really insane to look at with how the surroundings bleed into it.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:54 pm

I think the best application would be not as a true 'invisibility' shield/cloak, but a sort of multi-terrain ghillie suit to disguise your colour & form in any environment and make yourself seem as something other than human. People would still see something there, but won't be able to recognise it as you.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.