Preparing for First Operation

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Nameless

Preparing for First Operation

Post by Nameless » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:46 pm

After doing a few rudimentary drills around my property, studying and preparing the appropriate gear it has been decided that now would be a great time to run my first operation.

It will not be anything spectacular. There is a group of small buildings in an open private lot the runs alongside a river and my plan is to simply follow the river and attempt to infiltrate and discern the contents - if any - of these buildings. Egress area is a row of properties to the north of the area of operations.

My infiltration gear is currently minimum - a set of picks which I am currently ineffective with, a traveler hook which will be coming with, multitool, probably a flashlight. It is unfortunate that I lack padlock shims as these appear to be the sort of building which may have padlocks on them but I will just have to make do.

Any obvious considerations to think over before going? I may do this tonight if the opportunity arises.

Nameless

Re: Preparing for First Operation

Post by Nameless » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:53 pm

Washed out from a big storm last night. :( Rain itself would be fine but this is a case where there is no reason to leave evidence of infiltration and the very beginning requires moving through a flat with dirt and my boot prints would be quite obvious. Hopefully everything returns to dry today and an attempt can be made tonight. The waiting continues...

Psychlonic

Re: Preparing for First Operation

Post by Psychlonic » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:11 pm

You might consider carpet sandals, walking on the outer edges of your boots, and/or careful step placement if you need to hide the fact that a human moved through the area and it won't dry out.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.