Good first break in?

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Good first break in?

Post by Sicarius » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:51 am

What are some low-security targets to enter? I am training my way up to my first entry, preferably covert, and I want to pick a good option. A building that does not have an alarm system is priority number 1. So far I intend on doing several low-security stuff, like apartment pools, cemeteries, and some of the other easy dares. Afterward, I want to get into a construction site/abandoned site and traverse through multiple yards picking locks on sheds. After this, I then want to break into an active building. So far my contenders are a small market, an auto shop with an open area in between, and an Asian restaurant. I know the Asian restaurant lacks an alarm, the market probably lacks one, and I am unsure of the auto shop. Feel free to recommend something else or change something to suit me better. Thank you!
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Xanatos

Re: Good first break in?

Post by Xanatos » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:19 pm

Schools typically have alarms on them, but also multiple points of entry. Some of the bigger cemeteries here have cameras & shit around the perimeter which make for great infiltration practise as well. Secluded houses if you know the occupants aren't home, construction sites, parking structures... there's plenty to cut your teeth on.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:36 pm

Maybe a public school then, I imagine they possess less alarms then a private school. It just sucks to have to wonder if there is an alarm or not. Nothing like planning out an operation and you can not do the building because of alarms. I researched some methods of bypass though, I will have to experiment. And part of recon could be identifying magnetic switches and the like.
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

F3R4L

Post by F3R4L » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:55 pm

Are there any abandoned buildings where you live? Those are the easiest, unless you want something more challenging than that.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:52 pm

Not really, unfortunately, and I meant an active use building. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:25 pm

Zurn wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:36 am
Sicarius wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:36 pm
Maybe a public school then, I imagine they possess less alarms then a private school. It just sucks to have to wonder if there is an alarm or not. Nothing like planning out an operation and you can not do the building because of alarms. I researched some methods of bypass though, I will have to experiment. And part of recon could be identifying magnetic switches and the like.
unfortunately it does not work
Upon further research, it depends on the door, which way its facing, and the alarm switch. That may not be true, I have not tested it, I know Psychlonic knows his stuff regarding alarms. I found some other advanced methods that can work, you just have to make one of the tools yourself. Radio frequency, hacking the system, and setting it off a bunch of times are all viable options as well

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:00 pm

It does work... we established over a decade ago that a quality lensatic compass without too much margin will face the needle toward the switch. Operatives used to use that trick, I've seen it, I've done it, it's not just some theory nobody ever tried. Please don't be spreading misinfo and setting things backward. Let's move forward.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:03 pm

As a disclaimer, it can't be some shitty hardware store compass. It needs to find North and lock on without swinging back and forth for ages. You don't need to gucci out with some super expensive one, just a good military grade clear bodied compass will do the trick nicely. They're not cheap, but they're not super expensive.

Honestly, I've been out of the game for awhile but thinking about it currently it's probably easier to just detect a magnetic field outright. In biohacking there are several haptic devices that use magnetic fields to power secondary devices. It probably wouldn't be very hard to adapt the technology to where instead of doing that, it turns on a really dim red LED instead to let you know there's a magnetic field very close. As in within door frame range.

It would be cheap, a simple matter of buying the parts and applying some high school level electronics work.

Edit: Actually, there's a device available on plain old Amazon that would probably work just as well and is cheap enough that you might as well just buy it if it does. It's the Extech MD10 non-contact magnetic field detector. Just modify it so the light doesn't give away your position and you should be good to go. Worth mentioning that I haven't tried it personally and you'd do well to test it out first in a home environment with magnets on the opposite side of a door frame to make sure it'll detect through it, but with the range specs and reviews I'm guessing that it will.
Last edited by Psychlonic on Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:52 pm

Psychlonic wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:00 pm
It does work... we established over a decade ago that a quality lensatic compass without too much margin will face the needle toward the switch. Operatives used to use that trick, I've seen it, I've done it, it's not just some theory nobody ever tried. Please don't be spreading misinfo and setting things backward. Let's move forward.
I meant as in the magnet you are using. You are right, if you use some shitty compass or small magnet it wont work. Some alarms are also not magnetic switches, which is also what I meant, but I should have specified. Apologies