The start of "Nocturnal Operations"

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

The start of "Nocturnal Operations"

Post by Sicarius » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:39 pm

I am starting a little "project" that involves creating videos and articles for stealth content. The goal is to redefine and enhance what we know and do, encompassing a lot, all backed by experience and research. Additionally, the concept of a realistic approach to real-world stealth missions and black ops will be explored. The title for the channel with videos is "NocturnalOperations". Why? Because it sounds more professional and clean in my opinion, and NightOps was unavailable on YouTube. Another major aspect of this project is shaping stealth into a "discipline", "art", or "movement system". The best techniques for every aspect, not just physical either.

I want to start off researching sources and material for creating videos and articles, which will be focused on the basics of stealth. This means movement such as crouching and crawling, understanding what gives you away(with some simple diagrams to make it better and unique), the mental aspects like observance and patience, and more. The information gathered will then be experimented with by multiple people, including myself.

I want to ask the community for help, and I have already spoken to others about participating in the project. This help would be researching, maybe writing some stuff, testing ideas out, and filming some stuff to include in videos. You do not have to do all of this if you join obviously. And of course, share any ideas about anything stealth-related you have! I mean it, even if you think it is stupid.

You can PM me here, email me at "NocturnalOperations@mail.com", or message me on my Discord, which is Sicarius#6945

Here are the two topics I want to manage first; redefining crouching, crawling, stealth walking, and more + creating a logo and other vanity items.

Let us get some practical ideas and techniques on moving stealthily, with better crouching, crawling, gaits, steps, and some more stuff. For example, I mean making the crouch more practical and healthy, and other such things.

We need a style and a logo to stand out amongst other stealth YouTubers who came before or will come after. And, we need to present a professional look. I have creative cloud at my disposal and am slowly learning to use it.

Please comment if you are interested in helping, and leave me your discord. If you do not have one, make one please. Then, I will invite you to the group Discord where we will share ideas and our progress. Even if you think you are useless, but want to help, just join! I am positive you have something, and at least you can edit or reply to comments on videos if necessary. Note everything is in very early stages, thank you for your time, and have a good day!
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Shadow Scout

Re: The start of "Nocturnal Operations"

Post by Shadow Scout » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:37 am

Last edited by Shadow Scout on Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:48 am

No videos, I want to collaborate with others to research, test techniques and ideas, and then use footage from myself and others to piece the final product together. Not every video needs footage from members or anybody else's input, but the first few are important and are about basic but important concepts. For example, a gear review video will not include footage from others most likely. Email me or PM if you want with your Discord, we are discussing some stuff there. Nothing confidential, just techniques, sources, etc.
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:05 pm

Sounds good to me, although for maintaining a standard of quality for video footage everyone needs to be using a decent camera in decent lighting conditions. My videos haven't quite been up to snuff in terms of professionalism.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:02 pm

Already thought about it, thank you for reminding me. I have a GoPro 4 and a Sionyx Aurora Sport, what about you guys? I am able to invest in more if necessary, but the GoPro handles lit places well and the Sionyx does dark areas in NV and for cheap. The Sionyx will, hopefully, be used as a monocular or goggle to film missions. I don't want to ruin my GoPro by removing the IR filter for missions.