Well this didn't take them long...

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Psychlonic

Well this didn't take them long...

Post by Psychlonic » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:03 am

Code: Select all

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=0763FFE7-8E3F-4F57-B1C7-E09E161C83D7
Surprise!
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Re: Well this didn't take them long...

Post by Sicarius » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:29 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:x :x :x

A part of me died
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:35 pm

There are so many reasons not to do this, if anyone needs clarification from me, just ask.

Since when the fuck do criminals follow laws anyway? I still trespass into areas that have a no trespassing sign, and I am not even an "actual" criminal, causing damage, stealing, or anything else.
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:06 am

Riiiiight... remember when they decided to ban drugs and now nobody can get their hands on any drugs? At all? Anywhere?

Neither do I.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:01 am

Exactly, mind you guns are used defensively at minimum 300,000 times a year in the U.S. and at max 3 million. Around 50,00 people die annually from guns, and that can be broken up immensely, taking things like suicide and gang violence away to make the number a 4th or 5th of what it is. How about instead of guns, we ban fast food which leads to people's deaths(something like half a million!?!?!) through the fat ass American stereotype. Not really a stereotype now that I think of it, went to the beach today, and some people are "very confident"

Bruce Wayne

Post by Bruce Wayne » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:01 pm

Sicarius wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:01 am
How about instead of guns, we ban fast food which leads to people's deaths(something like half a million!?!?!) through the fat ass American stereotype. Not really a stereotype now that I think of it, went to the beach today, and some people are "very confident"
:D beautifully said
"If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal and if they can't stop you, you become something else entirely - legend, Mr Wayne."

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:07 am

World "leaders" seem intent on making this world into a fucked Mickey Mouse shell of its self, that's for sure. If anyone here hasn't seen the movie Demolition Man, you really should. On the surface it's an action flick with a sprinkle of comedy, but it's hilariously similar to the direction we all seem to be heading. Made in '93 none the less.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.