[Philosophy]? The wild world.

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
RoxasV3

[Philosophy]? The wild world.

Post by RoxasV3 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:33 am

when i spent time in the wilderness to get away from society, i never ever wanted to return, i felt truly at home in the wild. but alas i knew i would have to return.
it was quite the adjustment to get used to living in society again, and i believe i gained clarity while i was out there, i understood at some level, the human populace has been conditioned throughout generations to accept the government as law and never stray from its path, at some point it stopped being about evolution and started being about prospering, making a massive nation with a death grip upon its citizens.

it started being about advancing the industry and topping the other nation, spreading its own propaganda about how (insert your nation here) is the best because you are in it, so you should love it, and because you love it, you should subscribe to its ideals, laws and beliefs. so they may control even you simply for their own benefit, and while that may be the case, its up to each of us to understand this is happening. we dont have to live by our nations ideals. or listen to every law.

they may be the leaders but at some point we were all apart of this massive blue marble killing mammoths to feed ourselves. no borders. no laws. they demand we must advance with society and never stray off of it. but who gives them the right to tell us what we can do with our life? no one. but yourself.

i will paste an excerpt from the library:

While it's true that some aspects of the hobby happen to be illegal, it's important not to confuse the words "illegal" and "immoral". Laws against trespassing are like laws against being out after curfew: people get into trouble not for actually doing anything harmful, but simply because the powers that be are worried that they might.
Nor is exploration illegal simply because it's dangerous. The liability-conscious may disagree, but in my opinion, the hobby is no less of a personally assessed risk than smoking, driving or even riding a bike.
I find it sad that most people go through life oblivious to the countless — free — wonders around them. Too many of us think the only things worth looking at in our cities and towns are those safe and sanitized attractions that require an admission fee. It's no wonder people feel unfulfilled as they shuffle through the maze of velvet ropes on their way out through the gift shop.

im not saying return to MONKE but..we deserve to explore anywhere we damn well please. we deserve to go anywhere we damn well please. this world we live in belongs to us and i say damn it all to anyone who says we cant go where we please. this is our world too.
“There is in every one of us, even those who seem to be most moderate, a type of desire that is terrible, wild, and lawless."
-Plato
The Republic

Xanatos

Re: [Philosophy]? The wild world.

Post by Xanatos » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:00 am

There is a sort of primal aspect in what we do. Exploring a target is akin to an ancient ancestor stalking prey in the forest thousands of years ago, or simply avoiding hungry predators in said forests. Gearing up, infiltrating the AO and exploring with stealth as a primary discipline transforms the 'map' into the 'territory'. Paths, barriers & signs no longer exist except as potential obstacles, and every being becomes a threat to deal with in one way or another. Even in the middle of your own town, when opping you do somewhat feel like you're in a wilderness of sorts where the only rule is survival.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.