philisophical side of nightops?

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
RoxasV3

philisophical side of nightops?

Post by RoxasV3 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:20 pm

for the past few years i have been studying and working on philosophy, attempts at book writing and what have you, would anyone here be interested in talking about ideals and beliefs systems pertaining to this little hobby of ours? if it has traction id like to make a few topical posts about it in SG

thanks for your time
“There is in every one of us, even those who seem to be most moderate, a type of desire that is terrible, wild, and lawless."
-Plato
The Republic

Necrogue

Re: philisophical side of nightops?

Post by Necrogue » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:54 pm

Might make for some interesting and worthwhile discussion

Shadow Scout

Post by Shadow Scout » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:39 am

Last edited by Shadow Scout on Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:05 pm

I've thought about doing this too, though I don't know how many would find it interesting and I'd probably just sound like a pretentious twat (he says while swirling a glass of expensive Bordeaux in a silk dragon robe). The closest I've come to this is my Wolf, Serpent, Eagle dissertation in which I approached Night Ops from an esoteric martial arts perspective, using animal symbolism to illustrate different modes of thought & conduct. Rather than lobbing yourself into any one 'art' or category, the goal of this approach is to be mercurial in your opping and encompass all three animal traits simultaneously. "Float like butterfly, sting like bee" type thing.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Post by Sicarius » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:40 pm

I tend to find my philosophical stuff more private, sorry, otherwise I would share. Some content like Xanatos made, the "Wolf, Serpent, Eagle" could be nice though.
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince