90 Day Fitness Challenge

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Wind

90 Day Fitness Challenge

Post by Wind » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:42 am

General health and fitness is vital to working toward stealth mastery. In fact, one of the elements that holds many of us back from opping more frequently or tackling more challenging ops is deficiencies in physical fitness.

Therefore, I would like to invite people to join me on a 90 Day Fitness Challenge! The challenge will run from Wednesday, February 17, 2021 -- Wednesday, May 19, 2021. (This is actually 91 days but will work better to start and end on a Wednesday as I will make apparent shortly.)

HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. Choose a health or fitness goal that you believe would help you for NO. Whether it is losing weight, gaining strength, improving speed, enhancing endurance, boosting flexibility, or any other similar aim, set a SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound) goal. Notice that the challenge runs for 90 days, which is enough time to build many new habits.
2. Make a plan for how you will achieve your goal and what specific steps you will take each week to move closer to that goal.
3. On the first Wednesday (Feb. 17th), post your goal, why it is important to you, and how you plan to achieve it in 90 days.
4. On each following Wednesday, post on this thread the results of your week's worth of effort toward reaching your goal. Feel free to include challenges or successes from the week in executing your plan. It is also an opportunity to pose a question to the group about any struggle you are facing in achieving your goal. This will give you a form of support and accountability to stick with your goal.
5. Offer support to others participating through encouragement, advice, and camaraderie.

If you are someone that uses "not being in good enough shape" as an excuse for not going on NO, now is an opportunity to do something about that. If you are someone that wants to be able to do more challenging ops, this challenge can be a bridge to reaching those goals. Thanks for considering joining this challenge with me. :)

Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Re: 90 Day Fitness Challenge

Post by Sicarius » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:54 pm

My goal is to start regularly working out for night ops. After I get steady, I want to make my fitness routine specific. I have a few "unique" ideas for this as well.

This is important for me because I want to become physically fit, more focused, and happier in life. Fitness would give me a confidence boost and endorphins, which increase motivation and happiness.

I plan on achieving this goal in several ways. One, just by dedicating myself to the routine. If I wake up too late to workout, I will stay up late and do it before I go to sleep. Two, by filming my progress. A GoPro on my chest, and the other camera capturing laps or sets. I can prove that I did complete the challenge and improve my form for the exercises.

I have no set fitness plan; I just intend on running, stretching, and some basic calisthenics at first. After a week or two, I will make it more specific and targeted.

I also want to incorporate stealth movements and training dexterity and movement with my loadout into the mix.
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Wind

Post by Wind » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:15 pm

@Sicarius, that sounds like a great goal! Glad to have you on board for this challenge!

Wind

Post by Wind » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:05 am

MY GOAL
Lose at least 25 pounds by the end of this challenge.
I currently weigh 213.0 lbs. By May, 19, 2021, my aim is to weigh 188 lbs. or less.

WHY IT IS IMPORTANT TO ME
It is important to me because this is part of a larger weight-loss journey for me to get down to 170 lbs. Additionally, losing the 25 lbs., and later the rest of the weight, will help me with NO by making my body more athletically capable, including having greater mobility, endurance, speed, and body-weight strength. More importantly, it will also greatly improve my overall health.

HOW I WILL ACHIEVE MY GOAL
1. Post a weigh-in each week on here as a form of accountability.
2. Eat a healthy diet six out of seven days of the week. The healthy diet I am going to use is daily eating 5 servings of vegetables, 3 servings of fruit, 2 servings of whole grains, 2 servings of dairy, 1 serving of nuts and seeds, plus other foods to round out my caloric and nutritional needs. I likely will also need to identify some additional sources of protein. Basically, I will be eating a mostly whole food diet. Also, I will drink at least 60 oz of water a day. The seventh day will be a free day to deal with cravings and further diversify my diet. My goal with this is to make a habit out of eating healthy.
3. I will also incorporate exercise in an intuitive way by factoring in my energy levels, interests, other commitments, and how my body is feeling overall.
Attachments
Scale.jpg