Mysterious Mark? Stealth Sigil? Classified Code?

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Necrogue

Mysterious Mark? Stealth Sigil? Classified Code?

Post by Necrogue » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:15 am

I’m sure this has likely been covered somewhere here before, but despite my best efforts I have been unable to find it; therefore I apologize if I’m being redundant, but....

Can someone please tell me about the glyph that appears in the upper left corner of the site? It appears to be some sort of bind rune; is it? Is it based on or inspired by historical runes? Where and/or how did it originate? What does it mean or symbolize? Why is used on the site? I welcome any information anyone can and/or would be willing to share about this. Although I was unable to find one, if there is a thread about this somewhere, could/would someone kindly post a link?

Thanks in advance for any insights and/or information.

Xanatos

Re: Mysterious Mark? Stealth Sigil? Classified Code?

Post by Xanatos » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:32 am

We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Post by Sicarius » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:41 pm

Holy shit, I never knew it had actual meaning behind it. That was a pretty creative idea Xanatos. I tried making a logo/symbol thing... my creativity is severely lacking :D
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Necrogue

Post by Necrogue » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:07 pm

So it is a bindrune! I suspected as much, but my knowledge of runes (and particularly bindrunes) is rudimentary at best! That said, I love this and the thought and symbolism behind it. I think it is a fitting ‘shadowmark’.

Thank you Xanatos for the link and the information!

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:28 pm

I could make it better, but I like the rudimentary nature of it. Easy enough to remember as well if, for instance, you wanna communicate with other oppers in the world.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:37 pm

Ah, nostalgia.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.