Update on Stealth Technique & Shadow Work

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Wind

Update on Stealth Technique & Shadow Work

Post by Wind » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:50 am

I'm sure that many of you follow Stealth Technique and Shadow Work on YouTube. Here is a quick update: Stealth Technique has started a second channel called "Fight Like a Shadow": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuG4xj ... Qvw6ELXHoQ . Also, Shadow Work, who frequently kills then revives his channel, is currently back: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3398e ... -jENCZi3jQ

Feel free to use this thread to update about their channels or post other YouTube channels that others might be interested in.

Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Re: Update on Stealth Technique & Shadow Work

Post by Sicarius » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:04 am

I wrote a post like this, and then when I come to post it you are here :D

"I do NOT teach self-defense. This video is NOT intended to teach self-defense. This is just an idea I had. It probably wouldn't work in real life. It's just fun to practice. Consult a professional for real self-defense techniques." is his disclaimer in his new channels video. I have to say, that is a crafty way to avoid criticism and not admit that what you teach is invalid when you believe otherwise. He also said somewhere, I have a screenshot, that he is unsure of what to do with StealthTechnique for now.

ShadowWork pisses me off with his channel deleting streak. WTF does he think he is doing that is so high risk he needs to delete his channel... and then start it again with the same name and similar videos. He never even details a break-in somewhere, he just shows off his katana kill streak on a dummy.

I hate to say it, but in terms of stealth content in videos, we are positively fucked it seems. One steady content creator who made almost 3 months(2 and 1/2) of katana vids, that he could have condensed into a 12-minute informative video and then covered actual stealth. Another who is a karate student and watched too many 80's ninja movies. Xanatos, for the love of God please tell me you have some extra op videos hidden somewhere, you are our only hope
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Wind

Post by Wind » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:04 am

Another stealth channel that I like is Spider Ninja: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-NVT3 ... leNaE3uQ6A
He is just getting started, and his videos are slowly becoming higher quality.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:14 am

No one will ever truly meet all of our expectations and I am certainly being negative, but I just want someone to provide a source other than a historical ninja manual or spiderman from the PS4
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:24 am

Go some footage in the pipe, just need to reinstall a bunch of editing software on my new computer.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

fx1k

Post by fx1k » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:29 pm

Man, I can hardly watch the cringe LARPER ninja-weapons shit. No, you will never use that weapon. If SHTF, you're going to be slaughtered by some night-visioned good-ol-boy firing an auto-modded AR-15 from a pickup truck while you tip your fedora and swing around your katana like a nerd. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQKrmDLvijo

All that being said, glad these guys are posting things even though I can't stand some of it. More power to them.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:00 pm

What if I cut the bullets in half then deflect them into each night vision tube? I wonder if StealthTechnique reads the forum :O

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:03 am

He drops in from time to time. To be fair, he does state that his katana training is purely for the workout & fun factor, not that people should start sneaking around with swords.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:33 am

I have mixed feelings about that. He told me in a debate, and I quote, "I think a 3-foot piece of razor-sharp steel has potential". There was more to it but that was the quote, so to me, he officially says it is for fun simply to sidestep criticism.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:23 pm

Potential for...? I mean, a katana is just as good at cutting people today as it was 500 years ago.

Wind

Post by Wind » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:30 pm

I get the critique of possibly trying to sidestep criticism; however, at least Stealth Technique is not trying to claim connection to some ancient lineage or trying to be some sort of guru or master. I find some honor in that.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:53 pm

The katana is not a good sword, nor a shitty one, it is just there in the middle. A kukri can cut/chop better, has utilitarian purposes, is smaller, comes better made, and will not get you laughed at. For "silent kills", a long pointy thing(FS dagger is best in my opinion) is better according to my research from professional accounts. Sidenote, I need to delete that shitty first post I made about knife killing back in march. Back to topic, in any hypothetical scenario where you are operating akin to a splinter cell a pistol is really the primary. Secondary would be some small folding rifle on your back or in a backpack device. Pistol in 5.7x28mm, I think that is the best, and rifle in 5.56x45mm. Pistol with a suppressor and red dot, and an IR laser paired with a suppressor holster which allows a quick draw(mounted on the thigh). And this is just me theorizing, I have never shot a pistol or had a fully loaded kit with mags and an even just an airsoft gun.

I really want to stick to pure stealth for a while, in whatever content I ever do, for several reasons. I lack the means to fully cover hypothetical combat as a minor with limited funds, stealth is primarily about going unnoticed and not fighting, and to research and practice combat we need a group physically testing theories out. Just picture effectively using guns in whatever hypothetical splinter cell world. This encompasses shotguns, rifles, pistols, using different calibers, models, operating systems, mag changes, etc. We can now shoot and maintain the firearm inside and outside of combat, but how do we properly move. We now need to learn to fight long-range(300 yards and under, and just shooting outside with no walls) with rifles outside, CQC in buildings, taking cover, military/LE communication, tactics used by unconventional forces(terrorists, cartels), etc. Maybe even a few things like how snipers operate, basic long-range shooting because snipers are pussies, and other niche gun info. Then, we need to think of loopholes to exploit if we were in a situation against these forces. How do we beat them, that type of thing.

Then the kicker is... even special ops, not just infantry, do different style missions than we would hypothetically. Not all special ops, just mainstream stuff like Navy SEALS where stealth is not necessarily a key training point. This means not all of what they teach is applicable to us, meaning we have to then theorize and practice different movements and scenarios that an operator like us would encounter. Meaning, to me, several community members need to get together, both online regularly creating content and physically testing ideas. Anyways, I will shut up now and write about this in-depth at a later time, both the guns for hypothetical splinter cell stuff and strengthening our community, and trying to get regular content from someone. Bye!

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:08 am

Eh, 5.7 is overrated. It's meant as a high-velocity cartridge for defeating armour, not for stealth. You'd do just as well (if not better) with subsonic 9mm. And .300 Blackout would be a good substitute for 5.56, though a bit more expensive.

It's difficult to train firearms/CQB adequately without the space, equipment and a lot of people willing to volunteer. The only way to do so safely would be with airsoft but that only teaches tactics & techniques at close range, not actual marksmanship or shit you can apply to using real firearms (outside of manipulation & manual of arms). You could try getting a suppressed gun and setting up a course of fire to do at night in a safely abandoned area, but that's unfeasible for most of us.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:31 am

I need to do more research otherwise I would debate, but thank you for the input

Sicarius

A semi-brief analyzation of stealth videos

Post by Sicarius » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:42 pm

Analyzing of StealthTechnique's top 15 videos

When creating content, a portion of what is made should be based on what viewers want to see and enjoy. After all, this is how growth occurs and that is precisely what this community needs to stay alive. Therefore, let us analyze StealthTechnique's top 15 most popular videos and see what we can infer. If you wish to examine the videos, simply go to the channel, then click videos, then sort by, then finally most popular.

Views
Highest views: 47k
Lowest views: 3.6k

Common Elements
Common words across videos: Stealth(11/15), 101/how to(5/15), train/practice/drill/exercise/technique(6/15)
Common colors, images, or patterns in thumbnails: Sky(9/15), clearly on a building(6/15), half or more of a person(11/15)

One year old: 4/15
Less than one year: 3/15

Type
Thumbnail with editing: 9/15
Video game or pop culture inspired: 5/15
Flashy videos demonstrating strength: 4.5/15
Instructive videos: 14/15

Commentary
Videos with instructive commentary: 11/15
Videos with instructive text: 2/15
Videos with neither text nor commentary: 1/15

Video Duration
Under 5 minutes: 5/15
5-8 minutes: 10/15

Comments
Comments on the popular videos seem to be divided in half. One half is the people who do not care and comment stuff like "Sneaking to my kitchen at 3 AM to make a grilled cheese without waking up my roommate". The other half is everyone else, asking questions, doubting, overpraising, or simply stating their appreciation. Once views go down, comments start to become just questions or overpraising/stating appreciation mostly from returning viewers. Side note, I think if we encourage questions and criticism the comments can become more productive.

Looking in-depth at the number one video, "Stealth 101: Quiet Landing", we spot several interesting things.

The thumbnail clearly shows a building and someone jumping down or falling. Then, we see the sky in the background offering a contrast to the eye. The cherry on top is the text. Not too big, not too small, and positioned near-perfectly. A simple, all capital font in white text.

The video's commentary offers a semi-streamline dialogue, that uses more complex words but not too many(ex, kinetic chain). It offers a touch of personality through one of his many used logos and has some editing tricks to make the logo move. Smooth transitions between clips, and semi-upbeat music.

The majority of the other top 15 videos have at least 3 attributes of the number one video.

In conclusion, we know what gets views, hopefully drawing more people in and increasing popularity. I want anyone who wants to create content to read this, and I want StealthTechnique to read this. I know I made this post but it does not mean I am creating videos. Bye, go away now.

Dred Nightstalker

Post by Dred Nightstalker » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:59 am

A few comments/questions:
  1. Shadow Work made some great content, but he seems mentally unstable. There's no logic to creating and deleting channels all the time. He has absolutely nothing to worry about; his videos are tame and harmless.
  2. I liked Stealth Technique's stealth videos, but I'm not a fan of watching a guy cut bottles with katanas in an alley.
  3. Does Xanatos have a youtube channel? Link?
  4. Sicarius, why don't you make some video content?
  5. Shiey is the king of urban exploration videos; he puts everyone else to shame.
  6. America is the worst place in the world for this activity, being a semi-police state with a paranoid, heavily armed citizenry.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:02 pm

No YT channel, just upload my videos directly to this site. Youtube can't be trusted with longevity - tomorrow they may decide that any videos to do with martial arts of B&E go against community guidelines and take them down.

Plus here you can download them directly to your device or just watch them from the site, completely ad-free.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:54 pm

Sicarius, why don't you make some video content?
Well, several reasons for now at least. One, I am busy as hell. I essentially "cheat" at my online college classes now to get to research and plan content for here. "Cheat" means I know the answer to a test every 2/3 of the time, but I just select a certain question that I know is correct from understanding the algorithm. Two, I am learning how to use the Adobe creative cloud currently to make better custom content. And three, I want to at least buy more stuff, do more research, and get more fit before I embark on making content. I definitely will though, I will share some planned stuff. Note I said planned...

1. YouTube Videos, covering pretty much everything
2. "Challenge" articles, challenging or disproving certain ways of thought or heavily embedded ideas that are partially false or entirely in this community.
3. In depth research articles, none of that 5th grade bullshit, I mean fucking sources!, and analysis
4. Physical testing, requires a group of people. Testing stuff from visibility, police response time, and simulated splinter cell style missions
5. PDF files, things like books, mission logs, workout schedules, and cool custom stuff that people like.
6. Website, I really want to do this one day but not soon. Essentially, have videos, articles, and a forum like here. Work out some issues that are present here, like little incentive for new users to return(ranks and badges, and a testing system).

Now, this is all planning. YouTube I can do by the time I am 18 or sooner if I can motivate myself to workout. Both article ideas are possible, but physical testing is far off if it involves me or will never happen, at least to the extent I imagine. Website, that will happen in years lol.

For YouTube, I will store any and all video files(this applies to anything that I write or create). No ads either, I have thought about secure cryptocurrency donations on tor to fund the physical testing aspect.
America is the worst place in the world for this activity, being a semi-police state with a paranoid, heavily armed citizenry
Depends where. Down here in hell(Florida), prepare to get fucked if you break into any house and someone is inside. 9mm is the least of your concern, 5.56 is coming your way, most likely light armor piercing too. Just be sensible about what you do and how you act when spotted, and make sure you have good cardio. Consider a bulletproof vest, and for sure bring a chest seal and a tourniquet, at least on high-risk missions.

Now, go to new york or anywhere the democrats have a hold, and you only have to worry about criminals with illegal weapons. I could break into someone's house in California, rape their wife, and when they shoot me if they do I can sue them... and win with a good defense attorney. The 101 guns per 100 people ratio is skewed, California probably has 0.5 guns per 100 people and Texas 300 guns per 100 people lmfao. As for the citizens, Americans are not as ignorant, lazy, and loud as the rest of the world thinks... only 1/2 are :)

EDIT: I said something about physical testing being far off if it involves me or it will never happen. I was not trying to say I was important or inflate my ego, my grammar was just strange in that sentence. What I meant is that if I direct or plan physical testing I plan on doing so a while from now, not soon, unless I am not involved. Simply saying I have no plans of initiating it, so someone else will have to or we must wait, and I am not saying that I am the only one capable or something like that. Sorry for any miscommunication.
Last edited by Sicarius on Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:40 pm

In my limited experience in the US, so long as you stay out of the big cities things are actually pretty peaceful.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:03 pm

I agree with Xanatos' take on uploaded videos and have noticed more and more "fringe" topics becoming pretty unstable on YouTube. While I don't pretend to know where things are headed from here, I feel like there's a good chance we're in a weird "information bubble" in history that may not last, so to that end I back up anything I watch, find informative, and think to myself "This could be taken down". There are amazing browser plugins available to save videos from YT and such, typically only up to 720p but that's more than enough for informative topics. Couple with ublock origin to maximize your enjoyment there.

Storage is pretty cheap these days and if you're like me and amass huge quantities of information (information is basically currency to me) it's easy to organize small HDDs and run through a caddy as desired. Keeps you and your information safe and IMO is just a great convenient system to use.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:28 pm

Here is Shadow Work's new channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjuopM ... ttwNcBndLg

I will complete an operation with bells attached to my hands and feet if he does not delete his channel in three weeks or less!

Anyone else who wants to make bets?

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:48 pm

How many GameStop shares are you willing to bet on this?

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:11 pm

I have never even looked into trading stocks, but a fuckload

Joking by the way, just in case someone PM's me asking for a set amount lol

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:49 pm

I will go prone in an ant pile

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:21 am

Xanatos wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:48 pm
How many GameStop shares are you willing to bet on this?
This is the best thing I've learned about in awhile, me and some good friends were having a laugh about this the other day. I like how once "the poors" figured out how to play the game those parasites cried to the government for help. Props to the whole world for picking up the torch after that, that was awesome.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:59 am

Stealth Technique and Shadow Work may have gotten my channel deleted lmfao! Long story, but basically Shadow Work reported some comment I made because it had "offensive content". I said nothing threatening anyone, so basically he was just being a dick. Moving on, am I the asshole? Here is a link to the video, just go to my comment and read the replies. He deleted, or reported, several comments so the buildup is gone. Anyway, pretty sure I was polite at first and did not step out of line. I do have screenshots of all of it too, including what he deleted.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjbFi_3 ... JKQP6bT1bh

I did not start of jeering anyone, I was just minding my own fucking business in this instance, trying to suggest something. I already knew what was coming the minute Shadow Work replied, I should have just kept my mouth shut. Drama is rather entertaining though, ngl. I basically feel like I am role playing at times. The best is when someone says something I did was cringe, but they did the same thing.

Stealth Technique came into a thread of no relation to him saying something condescending, which he can do, so I jokingly replied "Take your katana, sit on it, and rotate. Consider lube beforehand." Obviously joking.

I said something else to him like "You know what, go on a stealth mission with your katana. You minorly understand stealth, let alone stalking. Get filled with bullets. I will be disappointed with your death, but at least the bloodline was cleansed of your idiocy." Obviously joking, and even if not, I did not tell him to kill himself, I told him to go on a mission and described to him what would happen.

I am going to become such a good ass-kisser. Even if I was rude, these people bitch the moment someone says something critical about their video. Other commenters just shut up where I act retarded and provoke it further

Necrogue

Post by Necrogue » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:17 pm

For what it’s worth, after a quick perusal of this thread I don’t think this has been stated previously, so as a general FYI: YouTuber ‘Stealth Technique’ also has a second channel called ‘Fight Like A Shadow’.
“For a while they stood there, like men on the edge of a sleep where nightmare lurks, holding it off, though they know that they can only come to morning through shadows.” —J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘The Passage of the Marshes’, The Two Towers

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:56 pm

Oh sorry, thought it was mentioned in the thread

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:15 pm

Aside from liability during an actual encounter, there's a really obvious reason you don't want a sword on you when you're on an operation and if a person actually goes on one, it makes itself apparent rather quickly.

Simply, that shit gets in the way.

Climbing under a low object - snag. Tight spot - snag. Bushes? Have fun. Sure you can take it off and carry it, but you'll be doing that constantly. And as has been said, all that to get into an encounter where it's either useless against someone armed with a ranged weapon or overkill for an unarmed individual. You can use the spine to hit bluntly, but in that case why not consider a collapsing baton which has none of those problems?

Call me an asshole, but it's easy to spot when someone runs with an idea but never actually uses it in real time. And if the sword isn't getting in your way, your approach to stealth probably needs re-evaluated.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:29 pm

I rarely carry anything as a dedicated weapon/deterrent, unless it's a non-lethal sort like blinding powder. Knives are immensely useful tools and effective weapons for defending yourself in a life-or-death situation, but swords are pretty rubbish for anything besides combat. Unless you need to do some heavy bushwhacking with a machete, they're more of a hindrance than a benefit. Of course there are examples of ninja using their swords as climbing aids, but who has honestly ever done that?

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:56 pm

Less about the argument and more about the negative interactions for me, I just know I am at fault for some of it but wonder if I am just blind to more that I did. You never know I suppose

Necrogue

Post by Necrogue » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:18 pm

Xanatos wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:29 pm
there are examples of ninja using their swords as climbing aids, but who has honestly ever done that?
I have!

But, to be fair it wasn't during an op, but rather my own experimental archaeology in working through, by trying out, this and other techniques recorded in extant ninja manuals. I'm kind of a geek like that. :wink:

Wind

Post by Wind » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:05 am

Shadow Work just dropped a valuable video. It is well sourced and covers a lot of ground that I think might be of interest to many people on this forum. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w8PHIJMKx4

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:48 pm

I enjoyed it, I found it pretty informative

Dred Nightstalker

Post by Dred Nightstalker » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:14 am

And Shadow Work has deleted his channel again. The only explanation I ever got for this bizarre behavior was that he was getting comments from "dangerous" people, as if he could be responsible for helping terrorists. Like I said, the guy seems mentally unstable.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:34 am

Someone ought to download his videos whenever they're released and upload them on a separate YT channel for posterity.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:09 pm

No bells for me, called it! Someone should download his stuff. However, he said something to me that about the purpose of the channel, it is not meant for realism. Something like "A way of dealing with anger and the taunts of society, blah more like that blah, -the gimped up bastard". A little edgy ngl

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:31 pm

Dred Nightstalker wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:14 am
The only explanation I ever got for this bizarre behavior was that he was getting comments from "dangerous" people, as if he could be responsible for helping terrorists.
:roll: Would-be terrorists planning to disrupt using these ideas seem like they can be thrown into the same bin as the guy who caught his dick on fire trying to destroy an airplane. Nobody in their right mind is going to hinge the success of their operation on a sword. Hell, they didn't even do that back in the middle ages - the sword was often the side arm when the far more effective weapon was no longer suitable.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:47 pm

True. Only reason knights, samurai, etc were associated with swords was because they were easier to carry around all the time, unlike a spear or halberd. Swords were analogous to pistols these days - every soldier carries one, but rarely ever use them in place of a rifle.

Necrogue

Post by Necrogue » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:54 pm

Xanatos wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:47 pm
knights, samurai, etc were associated with swords was because they were easier to carry around all the time, unlike a spear or halberd. Swords were analogous to pistols these days
It is for this very reason that swords then, and handguns now, were/are referred to as 'sidearms'. They were weapons of personal defense and literally worn at the side.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:56 pm

I am afraid this may be the end of Stealth Technique. If only someone could replace it...

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:40 pm

His last video was only a month or so ago. And it's currently winter there. Not the best weather for such videos.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:36 pm

He deleted "Fight like a shadow" I just realized!

Vengeance
Location: Every night look into the darkness and know I'm out there.

Post by Vengeance » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:10 pm

Sicarius wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:36 pm
He deleted "Fight like a shadow" I just realized!
I was literally just looking for that.
It's the nature of this beast to feed upon the will to numb it, this monster brought the seed of life, well now i have become it.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:32 am

Didn't he move his combat videos to another channel? Or was 'Fight like a Shadow' the name of it?

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:50 am

It was, that was deleted now for some reason

F3R4L

Post by F3R4L » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:35 pm

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:32 pm

Quick, someone download all of his work before he goes away lol

Vengeance

Post by Vengeance » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:06 am

On it.
It's the nature of this beast to feed upon the will to numb it, this monster brought the seed of life, well now i have become it.

Vengeance

Post by Vengeance » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:12 am

There isn't much worth downloading.
The only useful thing there is a reupload I already possess.