A few questions...

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

A few questions...

Post by Sicarius » Sat May 30, 2020 6:26 pm

Little introduction is needed, as the title describes it, and I do not feel like writing one either
First off, how would you advise crossing roads? Whether in an urban, suburban, or rural setting. Just general knowledge that I would like to know.
Second, for those of you that carry combat knives, where do you have them on you? This only relates to knives that are meant to be used as weapons, not tools. I think I will keep it on my right calf, but I do not know if I should keep it on the pants or underneath it. on the pants allows for quick access, but underneath the pants conceals it for the right time. I do not have any intention of using the knife, but it makes me feel more like the guy from splinter cell. I currently do not own a combat dagger, but in the future, I would love to purchase one and have been pondering this thought for a little while.
Lastly, there is this large taj mahal-looking house being built, for about three years now, and I might make it a second or third op. It is still heavily in construction, so no B&E tools will be needed. It is being built by some rich Indian doctor, so my concern is if there are security guards. If there are, are there any tips for evading them?
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Xanatos

Re: A few questions...

Post by Xanatos » Sun May 31, 2020 12:59 am

Look both ways and cross quickly, preferably from cover to cover or deep shadow and ideally at a bend in the road.

It all boils down to personal preference where you keep your knife. I opt for the right calf or hip too, sometimes carrying it Sam Fisher-style horizontally on my belt, or clipped in my right trouser pocket if it's my S&W HRT. I carry knives as tools mostly, but if I do have to use one defensively I want to be able to access it quickly.

Find a vantage point and scout the area, ideally from above if you can with the aid of some sort of magnified optic. Most security guards (at least in my experience, especially on construction sites) aren't all that alert. The ones I've come across are usually just sitting in their car playing on their phone or even sleeping. Mind you if you make the slightest disturbance their alert level goes to max and they whip out the flashlight to look around, but so long as you maintain good sight & sound discipline they'll never know you're there.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.