A new OPportunity...

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

A new OPportunity...

Post by Sicarius » Mon May 11, 2020 10:18 pm

My father came home today and said that one of our neighbors told him that they are moving out of their house. They have not listed it yet, but they said they are going to. This is, of course, an OPportunity. Once they move out, I can check out the house before the next resident. The only downside is that this might not occur for several months due to the pandemic. I have no clue why they decided to list their house now, but it might not be bought until after the pandemic. However, I hope some imbecile buys the house during the outbreak so that I can sneak in sooner. I have no plans to steal, just to explore, although if there happens to be an item of minor value left behind I may claim it. I think it will be the perfect baby op, as the house is separated by one other house. There are also woods behind the house to mine, so I can easily take cover there. The house that separates us is also occupied by an old couple, one of which unfortunately has cancer. That means that they will not be awake when I traverse my way over to the house. Please leave any critique or suggestions.
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Xanatos

Re: A new OPportunity...

Post by Xanatos » Tue May 12, 2020 1:14 am

Any idea what sort of security they have? Alarms, lights, cameras?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Tue May 12, 2020 1:47 am

I will begin scanning the security systems, I already have that planned. The ones that I know are in place are a doorbell with a camera and motion sensor lights. I will have to enter from the back of the house once they have moved out, and I will scope out where the lights and any security cameras are. I also remember seeing a sign for a security company, I just do not remember which one. I will take some walks for reconnaissance as well as using binoculars in the woods behind the house.
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Tue May 12, 2020 7:01 pm

Unfortunately, this op will not work out. If I trip an alarm and a cop car comes with its siren on, my parents will wake and most likely check on me, only to find that I am not there. I will have to scout out another opportunity.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Wed May 13, 2020 12:26 am

Is there for sure an alarm? If you're not positive or at least not that it's armed, why not try to trip it and return home? Got a scanner to listen in on the action?

Houses can be troublesome, they often contain the most unexpected and random variables you can possibly find. Often they're just not worth it and I'm not saying this in a negative way it's a rule I apply even to myself; chances are whatever house you feel your skills are adequate to get into won't have anything worth your time. Be it in experiences or valuables and for the latter even if you do find a few scant items it's getting harder and harder to sell them safely. We're connected - word and pictures get around fast and people will be on the lookout for the items.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed May 13, 2020 3:05 am

Few people keep much cash at home these days anyway, unless they're drug dealers. And particularly younger people don't buy all that much jewellery.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.