Assassin's Creed Valhalla

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Post by Sicarius » Mon May 04, 2020 12:27 am

A supposed "stealth" game, I figured I would share it here. It was announced a few days ago as a cinematic trailer and a gameplay trailer is coming out May 7th. My hopes were low, for assassins and stealth, until I saw the developer commentary. They said that there would, for certain, be social stealth and improved stealth elements so that stealth felt like... stealth. I would not believe this, but the creative director is Ashraf Ismail, who designed Black Flag and Origins, two other good assassins creed titles. He knows what he is doing, and said that he wants it live up to the name. The story should also be good, as the narrative director is Darby McDevitt, who did the story and other such things for Black Flag. My hopes have been raised due to this, but I am still doubting. I will leave some links below to the trailer, developer commentary, and information from a YouTuber called "JorRaptor".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0Fr3cS3MtY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_nb_YECQoQ&t=9s

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jorRaptor
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Xanatos

Re: Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Post by Xanatos » Mon May 04, 2020 1:57 am

Eh, Assassin's Creed stopped being a stealth series long ago and now falls under the ever ambiguous 'action-adventure' genre, which Ubisoft has done to death at this point with their open-world sandbox collect-a-thons littered with microtransactions. And when I think "Viking", "stealth" isn't the first thing that springs to mind.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Re: Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Post by Sicarius » Mon May 04, 2020 2:25 am

That is very true Xanatos, although I still think that the game could be half-way decent due to the failure of "Ghost Recon: Breakpoint" and that the creative director is Ashraf Ismail. I do have the lingering suspicion that you are right, however. I disagree with you about Vikings though, as there are many misconceptions about them, as well as the fact that the game will not be historically accurate. I suppose we will find out the truth once the game releases and a gameplay trailer is going to release May 7th.
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince