Simple Alarm Disablement Method

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Simple Alarm Disablement Method

Post by Sicarius » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:49 pm

What do you guys do against alarms when entering a building? From research, it seems very hard to disable one. If anyone has a simple method for evading them, please let me know. The only idea I have thought of is setting the same alarm off multiple times in the same location. Eventually, I imagine cops would stop showing up to check on it and then you could enter and disable it from the main panel. Without physically touching the alarm, one could enter from a roof entrance or non-ground floor window which is seldom guarded unless the establishment is important, like a bank. Thank you very much for your input and have a good day!
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Psychlonic

Re: Simple Alarm Disablement Method

Post by Psychlonic » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:42 pm

Unfortunately there's no one size fits all solution for alarm systems, they're best handled on a case by case basis. The hardware is simple but a good install will still make it nearly impossible to approach different parts of the system while it's armed. Nearly.

Your idea of tripping the alarm repeatedly can work, in most areas false alarms will actually cause the police to notify the home/business/whatever that they're receiving too many false alarms and can eventually lead to citations if the problem isn't sorted. Most modern alarms allow the user to shunt off problematic areas while whatever is causing the issue is resolved and that will likely be their course of action. Unfortunately this means the entire system won't be disarmed only the area with the false alarms. This may be enough to get a foothold in a building and disable the system, or I guess with enough tenacity you could trip multiple locations over time. Definitely your most time consuming option but if you can pull it off without appearing to be an individual doing that on purpose it's probably the safest.

As far as actual attacks on the hardware go or ways to bypass the components... shit if I had the motivation to write that much information out I'd still be writing up guides. It's a huge subject with all kinds of matter to cover. The main thing to remember is that an alarm system typically isn't much more complex than simple high school electronics classes. The switches just happen to all be really fancy, but they're all still just switches.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.