COVID-19 and opping?

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
blackhawk

COVID-19 and opping?

Post by blackhawk » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:09 pm

With 250.000 confirmed cases around the world, I think it is safe to say that by now most of us are affected by the coronavirus in some way or another. I was wondering what your thoughts are on this, in terms of (day) opping, preparing for a total lockdown, etc.

In my country, for example, people are ordered to work from home as much as possible. This means that suburbs are more 'populated' than normal, but places with a lot of offices are mostly deserted. An opportunity for day opping maybe?

F3R4L

Re: COVID-19 and opping?

Post by F3R4L » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:48 pm

I don't think it would be a good opportunity for day opping. If there are less people in the streets you would look suspicious walking around there, especially in a business area. I also heard that in some places the cops and the army will be patroling the streets regularly.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:00 pm

Well, it has opened up some interesting opportunities for me. Am I the only one here who's had to op for toilet paper?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Kenlee

Post by Kenlee » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 am

Xanatos wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:00 pm
Well, it has opened up some interesting opportunities for me. Am I the only one here who's had to op for toilet paper?
I had to Op for TP also I got several big industrial rolls which where kept in a secure location

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:23 am

F3R4L wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:48 pm
If there are less people in the streets you would look suspicious walking around there, especially in a business area. I also heard that in some places the cops and the army will be patroling the streets regularly.
Ok, you're right. In a total lockdown it is not a very smart idea to go day opping in a city. However, the place where I live is not yet at that stage.

rvn

Post by rvn » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:14 am

How might stealth help you, if at all, in local or global crises that threaten safety and other basic needs?
it's a bird, it's a --...no wait it's nothing
(and yet it's something)

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:42 am

Well, during a nation-wide quarantine for one. If the only way to move about is stealthily, then we'll be the only ones moving about.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.