Advice on being active again, please.

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Seraphim

Advice on being active again, please.

Post by Seraphim » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:38 am

Hello, all. I hope your ops have been successful.

I have a problem. I'm in my late twenties, and like most Americans today, work and trying to survive are my top priorities. I haven't done an op in two years, and every time I try to plan one, I'm either working a hell of a lot or in a period of unemployment where I have bigger things to worry about than ops, much less the extra money to buy gear (I don't have the appropriate gear for any of the potential ops I could do). Can anybody here relate?

Xanatos

Re: Advice on being active again, please.

Post by Xanatos » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:00 am

Life gets busy for all of us. I myself work nights and usually don't get home until fuck o'clock in the morning, when it's too late to op. If you ever get a day/night off and don't feel motivated to go on an op, just go for a walk instead. Breathe in the night, take in the sound of stillness, remind yourself what it's like again. You'll start to feel a yearning to tread the shadows once again.

As for gear, you really don't need much to get started. Some dark clothing (a hoodie & sweatpants will do), comfortable footwear and a mask you can fabricate out of pretty much anything (t-shirt, scarf, pair of bandannas, etc). An operator should be able to conduct himself anywhere in the world - touch down in a foreign city for a weekend? Spend about $20 for some basic opping gear and go explore.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.